News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1850 Tau list for the weekend.

Started by Chicop76, June 26, 2013, 10:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

This list have more bite.

1850 Tau

-HQ-

130 Commander:
S Systems: Sig Systems: Puretide Engram Neurochip, Command and Control Node, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite

50 Ethereal:

- Troops -

90 10 x firewarriors

90 10 x firewarriors

90 10 x firewarriors

98  14 x kroot: sniper

105  15 x kroot: sniper

- Elites -

190 Riptide:
RW: Twin- Linked Fusion, Ion Accelerator
SS: Early Warning Override

190 Riptide:
RW: Twin- Linked Fusion, Ion Accelerator
SS: Early Warning Override

-Fast Attack -

100 5 x Pathfinders: 3 x railgun

100 5 x Pathfinders: 3 x railgun

88 8 x Pathfinders

- Heavy Support-

115 skyray:
RW: Smart Missile System

131 Hammer Head:
RW: Railgun w/ submunition, Smartmissile system
VBS: Blacksun Filter

282 3 x Broadsides: 3x target
6 x Missile Drones

Total: 1849

Arguleon-veq

Im not sure that you really gain much from the firewarriors, I think you may be best dropping one unit of them, swapping the other two units for more sniper kroot [who will let you take down enemy broadsides, riptides, nid MC's, daemon MC's].

With the spare points from losing that one FW unit id swap out the hammerhead for another Riptide as it does all the jobs a hammerhead does but its way more durable and just better all round IMO. Its ordnance is better at horde busting and its almost as good at AV14 killing thanks to that mobile fusion gun on it. Plus it can line break/ deny objectives etc.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Chicop76

Should I buy another Riptide ??? The strength 9 large pie plates of death have been helpful. Only reason why I added the Hammerhead back in was to deal with heavy armoured armies.

I was thinking of more kroot. Couldn't really decide. I was also thinking of a devilfish as well. I might do 3 squads of 13 kroot and 2 squads of 12 fire warriors.

I might drop 2 pathfinders, so I can add a bit more troops.

I'll think about a third tide. I'll proxy it and see how it works out.