News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Eldar vs AV13 Crons - 1850pts

Started by Arguleon-veq, June 30, 2013, 08:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

I played a game against AV13 Crons rather than the usual Wraith Wing at the weekend, we were both trying out lists for an upcoming tournament, here is mine;

Farseer; Bike, Spear
Farseer; Bike, Spear
8 Warlocks; Bikes, Spears
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
5 Avengers;
Wave Serpent
; Scatter, Holo, Shuri
Wave Serpent; Scatter, Holo, Shuri
Wraithknight;
3 Bikes
; Cannon

Ive tried two lists so far, the first was a bike council backed up by pure serpents, then I tried a monster mash with 3 wraithknights and a riptide. So i thought I would try and mix it up.

Lord; Scythe, Scarabs, Weave, Phase Shifter
Command Barge;
Lord; Scythe, Scarabs, Phase Shifter
Command Barge;
5 Warriors+2 Haywire Crypteks;

5 Warriors;
5 Warriors;
Ghost Ark;
Ghost Ark;
Ghost Ark;
Barge;
Barge;
Doomsday Ark;
Night Scythe;
Night Scythe;

Mission; Kill Points
Deployment; Hammer and Anvil
Night Fight; Off
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Arguleon-veq

I messed up with the armies a bit with this because I had already inputted the armies before the game and my mate changed his list a little.

So there is actually another Ark between the other two, in the forest and the Barge at the back of the table is actually a Doomsday Ark.

I go first, I power up my council with a 2+ save, conceal and fortune and I turbo boost them to mid table but make sure I stay out of charge range of his Lords, I also guide the wraithknight. The wraithknight downs the Ark[that I forgot to put in!] in the centre, spilling the warriors and crypteks out into the woods. I then strip off 3 hull points from the Ark next to it with my serpent shields.

He moves up and unloads with everything into my council, knowing he needs to kill them before they start rampaging through his lines but he only gets 2.

The council power up again and also prescience themselves too and they put guide on the wraithknight again, the councils spears down the warlords barge, my serpents finish off the damaged ark and the wraithknight downs the barge of the other lord. The council then charge the warlord and kill him in combat. This puts me in a great position at already 7 points up and with my council in his lines and the only thing that could stop them [the other lord] stranded across the table].

He gets his flyers on and everything rolls really well and he manages to down 2 of my serpents with his tesla weapons but the rest of his firepower doesnt kill any of the council.

Despite pulling 2 back he knows my council will get at least another two next turn with a multi charge and conceeds.

Result - Eldar win

Thoughts: With me getting the powers I needed [Fortune and +1 Save] on my Council and going first there wasnt much hope for him, especially with how devestating my wraithknight has been in these last two games, every single turn he has shot at a tank he has killed it. Once his Lords barges were taken out I could pick them off at will and they were the only things that could really slow down the council with those powers activated. My opponent usually uses Wraith Wing which would actually be a lot harder for this list to deal with but I do think the AV13 Spam will serve him much better against things like Tau and Nids.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33