News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Space Wolves

Started by Waaaghpower, July 02, 2013, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

So, I win a LOT at my LGS. Like, almost every game. To make things more interesting, I've been trying to make lists that focus more on 'Fun' and less on 'Winning.' I'm trying to maintain a certain level of challenge, but I don't want a steamroller list.
With that in mind, does this list look like it is any good to you? Will it be awesome, average, or just fall apart? (I'm aiming for average.) And most importantly, will it be fun to play with/against?

Logan Grimnar
Njal Stormcaller (Runic Terminator Armor)
Canis Wolfborn
Wolf Lord (Wolftooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman, Saga of the Bear, Runic Armor, Thunderwolf, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer)
5 Grey Hunters (Meltagun, Drop Pod)
5 Wolf Guard (5x Combi Plasma, 2x Chainfist, 3x Power Axe)
     Arjac Rockfist
     Land Raider Crusader (Multi-Melta)
3 Thunderwolf Cavalry (Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Arguleon-veq

How many points is this? Im guessing those wolf guard are termie wolf guard?

It should be pretty fun to play with and against but you are seriously lacking in scoring, if thats a deliberate crutch your taking to help your opponents then go for it as at least one of your scoring is nice and durable in that raider.

I think the list is a bit one dimensional though, Id probably drop a character of two for some variety like a dread .

X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Waaaghpower

Yes and yes, 2k and Terminators.
The lack of scoring is partially deliberate, partially a result of points limitations.
I don't actually own a dread,  but would maybe a Long Fangs pack or some normal Fenrisian Wolves fill the variety quota?

Arguleon-veq

Yeah throw those in, just for variety with it being a fun list and Long Fangs are a good solid unit anyway.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Waaaghpower

Okay, drop the Wolf Lord, swap Chainfists for Power Fists, and the Meltagun for a flamer. Add 5 Plasma Cannon Long Fangs and a Rune Priest.