News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Chaos Space Marine-Daemons Allied list 1750

Started by crisis_vyper, July 01, 2013, 05:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crisis_vyper

Heya guys I have a friend that wants to know how people would react to a list that he is interested in starting.

Here goes the list.

HQ
1.Chaos Lord (Warlord)
Mark of Khorne
Axe of Blind Fury
Melta Bomb
Sigil of Corruption
Juggernaut
Gift of Mutation
Veteran of the Long War

total pts: 190 pts

2. Skulltaker (Allied)
Juggernaut

Total pts: 140 pts

Troops
1. Cultists
1 Cultist Champion
10 Cultists
1 Cultist with Heavy Fllamer

total pts: 63 pts

2. Cultists
1 Cultist Champion
10 Cultists

3. Cultists
1 Cultist Champion
10 Cultists

4. Cultists
1 Cultist Champion
10 Cultists

5. Cultists
1 Cultist Champion
10 Cultists

6. Cultists
1 Cultist Champion
10 Cultists

7. Nurglings(Allied)
3 Nurglings

total pts: 45 pts

Fast Attackk
1. Heldrake
Baleflamer

total pts: 170 pts

2. Heldrake
Baleflamer

total pts: 170 pts

3. Flesh Hounds
15 Flesh Hounds

total pts: 240 pts

Heavy Support
1. Obliterators
2 Obliterators
Mark of Nurgle

total pts: 152 pts

2. Obliterators
2 Obliterators
Mark of Nurgle

3. Obliterators
2 Obliterators
Mark of Nurgle

Total list pts: 1749 pts.

So what do you guys think about his list? I personally think that his list is quite good, other than the near lack of killing AV14 stuff.

Arguleon-veq

I dont think he has enough early game threats, im assuming all the characters go with the hounds. That is a powerful unit but their saves arent great[even on the lord] so you will just get all of an armies small arms fire on them whilst any AP2 will go at the Oblits. Id probably drop a unit of Oblits and a hound in order to get in a unit of nurgle spawn and adding the lord to them, then youve got two in your face threats starting on the table.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Cammerz

I think the tiny units of cultists will almost certainly give out first blood to his opponents every game. I'd merge them into larger units and potentially swap some out for something a bit more survivable (Marines, maybe Khorne Berzerkers as the Lord turns them into troops).

The Obliterators should do a good job of taking out armour, if they get close enough then the AV14 won't stand a chance against the t-l meltaguns or multi-meltas.

One other thing; the cultists can either have heavy stubbers or flamers, sadly there is no heavy flamer option.

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on July 01, 2013, 06:02:55 PM
I dont think he has enough early game threats, im assuming all the characters go with the hounds. That is a powerful unit but their saves arent great[even on the lord] so you will just get all of an armies small arms fire on them whilst any AP2 will go at the Oblits. Id probably drop a unit of Oblits and a hound in order to get in a unit of nurgle spawn and adding the lord to them, then youve got two in your face threats starting on the table.

Can a Khorne Lord join a squad of Nurgle Spawn? I do not think that they could.

Quote from: Cammerz on July 01, 2013, 08:39:59 PM
I think the tiny units of cultists will almost certainly give out first blood to his opponents every game. I'd merge them into larger units and potentially swap some out for something a bit more survivable (Marines, maybe Khorne Berzerkers as the Lord turns them into troops).

The Obliterators should do a good job of taking out armour, if they get close enough then the AV14 won't stand a chance against the t-l meltaguns or multi-meltas.

One other thing; the cultists can either have heavy stubbers or flamers, sadly there is no heavy flamer option.

I have not been reading that book in a while, and my friend wrote it as such. He must have mistaken the flamer for a heavy flamer due to its looks.

So what is the best ratio of Cultists to Marines? I am not entirely sure as I am a Death Guard player (and I am not focusing on my Death Guard as of this moment) and thus I am uncertain about the cultists as a whole.

Cammerz

Quote from: crisis_vyper on July 02, 2013, 01:17:59 AM
So what is the best ratio of Cultists to Marines? I am not entirely sure as I am a Death Guard player (and I am not focusing on my Death Guard as of this moment) and thus I am uncertain about the cultists as a whole.

I couldn't give you a ratio, I just think that if you're running a CSM army you'll probably want at least one unit with a 3+ armour save, something which won't be annihilated by a single volley of lasgun fire. Cultists have the same stats as basic guardsmen but with an even worse armour save.
Your friend might have specific reasons for just taking cultists, maybe he just doesn't want marines in his army, but if he's open to change then I'd suggest dropping a few cultist units in order to fit 10 marines or berzerkers with some decent weapons, a unit which could hold its own against anything that isn't dedicated anti-MEQ. Then I'd merge the cultists into two large squads to make them more survivable. He'd still be left with three scoring units which is enough at 1750.

Chicop76

I think a nornal herald of Khorne with an exhaulted gift is better.

If you get riftbringer keep it or get free lsser gift for ap 1 or go for +2 invulsaves.

In my experance buffed houds are hard to kill, non buffed houds arn't that hard to kill.

Without looking in my book at all only marked daemons can join marked daemon squads. I have to look to see if the khorne lor can join the hounds, but a khorne herald can't join knorne bersekers for sure. With out lookig I seroiusly doubt a khorne lord can join the hounds.

No skyfore and the only real threat are your hounds and oblits.. also no warpstorm table means good times for me.