News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Blood Angel AV13 Spam to deal with Tau - 1850

Started by Arguleon-veq, June 26, 2013, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on June 28, 2013, 08:13:50 PM
Ive dominated Tau a few times by staying outside of their 36'' sweet spot but I find its only really possible when playing 'Hammer and Anvil', standard set up just leaves them too close to stay out of range for any decent amount of time.

Honestly I think it's funny that I never lost a Tau game in standard set up. Standard deplyment seems to benefit Tau a lot. The other two deployments I seen close games or losses in due to 36" range is not long enough. Hince why I added more long range to my list.

I am debating that riptides might actually be better than broadsides, due to that range issue. Also taking sniper drones ove broadsides become more enteresting.

I still think a riptide with 2 missile drones, ethereal with 2 drones, and a commander with a drones that has toughness 5 armour might not be a bad ideal as a gun platform. That will give me 8 models that will be toughness 6 in the unit due to majority toughness.