News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Zealot Miniatures - Blacksmith (The New Renaissance)

Started by Thantos, July 03, 2013, 02:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

Quote from: Narric on January 08, 2014, 09:53:24 PM
FWs boarding action weapon look more alien :P

[edit]
Hey Thantos, just out of curiosity, how challenging would it be to convert a M2 Assault Droid into something a-kin to a Maulerfiend? :shifty:

Oo so youd want 4 legged? The legs are very flexible so that part of things would be a breeze, just kitbashing some sort of body which would take some work. Id imagine the 4 legged varient would look a bit like an AT-AT :P

Ha thanks Chris - i think there is a Narric specialty diorama contest coming up shortly ;) With BONUS MEGA PRIZES!

If you like mechs and robots, youll love the new stock im getting in next week ;)

Narric

Quote from: Thantos on January 13, 2014, 06:14:55 PM
Quote from: Narric on January 08, 2014, 09:53:24 PM
Hey Thantos, just out of curiosity, how challenging would it be to convert a M2 Assault Droid into something a-kin to a Maulerfiend? :shifty:

Oo so youd want 4 legged? The legs are very flexible so that part of things would be a breeze, just kitbashing some sort of body which would take some work. Id imagine the 4 legged varient would look a bit like an AT-AT :P
I was thinking along the lines of Ape-like body, rather than Quadraped. Still, good to hear its easy to work with. May be a while before I try :P

Quote from: Thantos on January 13, 2014, 06:14:55 PM
i think there is a Narric specialty diorama contest coming up shortly ;) With BONUS MEGA PRIZES!
What are you planning, Thantos? :shifty:

Thantos

BONUS MEGA PRIZES! :P Talk to me first before setting the diorama contest up and ill see if i cant put a goodie bag together for the winner, since im starting to develop a lot of terrain on the site now :D

That said! - Citizens, visit the store, another massive update has come crashing in at www.zealotminiatures.co.uk ;) Building some partnerships with others stores to sell their stuff for them.

Narric

I think I'll buy some Icarus Hovercraft to us as Rhinos :P

Sorck

Thantos, do you have any pictures of the "MKI 'Ikarus' Mobile Hovercraft APC" next to an object I'd know the size of? Whether that be a tape measure, £5 note or something else I'm not too fussed. I'd just like to know the size. :P Is it just Rhino MK2 APC sized?

Thantos

Cheaper than a Rhino, indeed the same size as a Rhino, and twice as airborne! :P Im using one for my jump pack marines army, makes sense for the rhino to be jump pack mounted too!

If you would like more than we have currently stocked, let me know and i will get on it :)

Sorck

Ah that certainly sounds good. It would make a nice fast transport for my Blood Angels, or for my IG Company Command Squad (or maybe just for Yarrick ;D)

How many pieces is it in?

Ignore that... I found a picture of the pieces. What sort of size flight base might it need? Is it light enough to mount on a 2mm or so acrylic stem? (similar to a GW skimmer flight base) Or do I need something a bit more industrial like an MDF base and 5mm acrylic stem?

Deraj

Would you be interested in doing zone mortalis walls and doors? Also; I hadn't seen the fantasy buildings before now and they're already out of stock, any thoughts on when there'd be more? Somehow over the last month your store became overwhelming with choices :P

Thantos

Probably going to need a larger flying stand, Valkyrie style or something. Or sturdy metal rod / mdf painted black.

The zone mortalis is like a big space hulk scenery set? Would be cool to do something like that, will likely get onto it when i get designing again proper!

Thanks Deraj, should have a big restock of everything over this weekend :D Been getting more mechanicus style parts in lately, so need to get the word out among the cog-head communities now :P

Deraj

Quote from: Thantos on January 21, 2014, 07:16:20 PM
The zone mortalis is like a big space hulk scenery set? Would be cool to do something like that, will likely get onto it when i get designing again proper!
Something like 3",6", and 12" sections would be awesome to be able to do up 2'x2' sections or even 4'x4'.

Thanks Deraj, should have a big restock of everything over this weekend :D Been getting more mechanicus style parts in lately, so need to get the word out among the cog-head communities now :P

I noticed the mech parts. I've been eying a few of them as an iron warriors player :P You're making it really hard to focus on fantasy like I'm supposed to be doing...

Thantos

Hmm could cast big parts like that with marble additive maybe... would make it have a marble effect and weight like 50% stone. Also greater impact resistance if you drop a part.

Heh should be getting some more mechanicus style stuff stocked in a bit too. Servitor underling chaps below. May be good for marine serfs too actually.

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Thantos

Gah thanks for reminding me lol, very useless apologies. Will do a couple more sprues tomorrow and send you first installment of clear sprues after the weekend. :)

The Man They Call Jayne

Awesome. Really looking forward to playing a few games with them.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Thantos

Pm me your shipping address mate n ill get some samples out :P

Soviet goblin bandwagon anyone?

Alien skulls

or a Missile Silo set?

Among others, there are more additions to the store ;)