News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

1850 Tau Mark V1

Started by Chicop76, July 29, 2013, 10:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

After reading some reports and taking a break on 40k I decided to saty with pure Tau for now. I am waiting for the Farsight codex and in the future I may run Eldar allies. For now this is what I decided to go with.

My Tau List

-HQ-
Ethereal: filter
Commander: Puretide Chip, Multi-Suite, C&C node, Iridium Armour, and Stimilant
Body Guard: 2 fusion guns

-Elites-
Riptide: Ion, Fusion, Early Warning
Riptide: Ion, Fusion, Early Warning
Crisis Suit: 2 fusion guns

-Troops-
10 firewarriors
10 firewarriors
10 firewarriors
15 sniper kroot
14 sniper kroot

-Fast-
4 pathfinders
4 pathfinders
4 pathfinders

-Heavy-
3 Broadsides: Railguns, 6 Missile Drones
Skyray, smart
Sniper Team: 2x spotters, 6 x sniper drones

This is my revamped list. My two solo suits will deep strike and fusion select targets. My ethereal has the option to join the sniper team depending who I fight and if night fight becomes an issue.

I added more troops, drop a few pathfinders, I added the sniper team, and dropped the hammerhead.

I kept what has worked for me in the past. Also I added t5 and +2 save to my commander and feel no pain. The reason I did this is to help keep my sides up and running a lot longer.

I am not really losing much. I drop a suit, and a tank and gain 10 fire warriors, 6 sniper drones, and 2 spooters with more armor on my HQ.

I was seriously thinking of adding another riptide, but I think two is enough. Also had thought about adding another broadside team, but opted for the snipers instead.