News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Possible rumour for the new Space Marines.

Started by Chris, July 07, 2013, 06:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hey all, so I was talking to a black shirt in a store (I know they're not always the most reliable source of info) and I got talking about how I desperately wanted a new Black Templar's codex.
He basically shot that thought down straight away by saying that the New SM codex (expected autumn of this year) will have supplements in the back of it for different codex's. These would include BT, White Scars, Iron Hands and possibly some new unknown chapter.
Each supplement would have a full army list and with unique units and rules for them.

Has anyone else heard this rumour? I didn't want to believe it, but he was so convinced and assured that it leads me to trust him.

Thoughts?

Arguleon-veq

I very much doubt they will be in the back of the book, they did away with that kind of thing ages ago.

I think there is a very good chance that it will be a standard vanilla codex but you will have a lot of supplements for different chapters like we have already seen with Iyanden for Eldar and are getting for Farsight Enclaves for Tau. Expect some characters and some new wargear and warlord traits, but also expect to pay £30 for each one.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

The Man They Call Jayne

for 30 quid it better be a full on codex, not just a few pages of new info and rules.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Chicop76

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on July 07, 2013, 08:28:00 PM
for 30 quid it better be a full on codex, not just a few pages of new info and rules.

The last one had 2 pages of rules and how to make the army. The other half of the book was missions.

Charistoph

Quote from: Chris on July 07, 2013, 06:30:56 PM
Hey all, so I was talking to a black shirt in a store (I know they're not always the most reliable source of info) and I got talking about how I desperately wanted a new Black Templar's codex.
He basically shot that thought down straight away by saying that the New SM codex (expected autumn of this year) will have supplements in the back of it for different codex's. These would include BT, White Scars, Iron Hands and possibly some new unknown chapter.
Each supplement would have a full army list and with unique units and rules for them.

Has anyone else heard this rumour? I didn't want to believe it, but he was so convinced and assured that it leads me to trust him.

Thoughts?
The Rumor is that Codex: Space Marines is next for 40K codices.  The first Supplement will be White Scars with Ultramarines also on the horizon.  Supplements will be made for all First Foundings that do not have their own codex.

Black Templars are being worked on and will be getting their own codex.  One rumor says as soon as January, but there is an ocean of salt that goes with it due to more reliable rumormongers stating that Dwarfs are more in the January slot, and 'Nids in Q1.  There was some other crazy stuff with that rumor as well, some of which is believable and others which were not as much (11 point PA Marines?).
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Narric

By the sounds of it, there is going to be two SM Codexi/Supplement for every Xenos Codex.

Begel Dverl

From the mighty Dakkadakka.

Quote from: c0j1r0 543505 5904093 477491630ff835722754e52ec92d57d1.pngSo the bigger terminators are among the rumors circulating about the upcoming C:SM book. I haven't personally seen many rumors about what it could be so I figured I'd throw this out there.

via BoLS -
Regarding the "larger terminators" - these models are described as being similar in aesthetic to the curving shapes of both the Contemptor and Tau Stealth suits. Bigger than current Terminators - but smaller than a Dreadnought.

That sounds a lot like the Furibundus Dreadnought from Epic:

Maybe they'll travel in squads like Kans?