News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Teamed lists [1250 Farsight Tau and 1250 Imperial guard with Grey Knights]

Started by Ryan Thunder, August 22, 2013, 01:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Thunder

So my opponents are my two buddies forming a team; one playing 1250 Dark Eldar and the other 1250 Space Marines. It's just the three of us, so they elected to have me play two 1250 lists. Here's what I'm bringing.

1250 Imperial Guard with Grey Knights
1× Company command squad
1× Grey Knight Brother Captain (force halberd, Empyrean brain mines)
2× Infantry platoon (3 squads w/ lascannons)
1× Grey Knight Terminator squad (+3 terminators, force halberds)
3× Hydra flak tank

1250 Farsight Enclave Tau
1× Commander Farsight
7× Crisis bodyguard (2 fusion blasters, target lock, bonded)
2× Crisis battlesuit (2 plasma rifles, flamer, bonded, 2 gun drones)
2× Crisis battlesuit (2 missile pods, flamer, bonded, 2 gun drones)

Thoughts? I wanted to bring an inquisitor plus henchmen but couldn't justify it when I had points to bring Terminators as troops (!) instead.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Ryan Thunder

Alternatively,

1× Company command squad
2× Infantry platoon (3× infantry squads, 2× lascannon squad)
1× Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (power armour, rad grenades, force sword, Hammerhand, Ulumeathi plasma syphon)
1× Grey Knight strike squad (10 knights, 2 psycannons, psybolt ammunition, Nemesis force halberds)
2× Hydra flak tank

Which would net me a truely ridiculous amount of indirect anti-infantry firepower.

Honestly, given the choice between six lascannons and twelve lascannons, well, lol
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Chris

By the looks of that Tau, your termi's are going to get eaten alive, crapped out and eaten again... So I would suggest something to saturate those plasma shots...

I'd go with a nice healthy block of 50 conscripts.... That'll show em!

The Man They Call Jayne

I believe he is playing the Tau unit AS WELL as the Grey Knights, the plasma is on his side.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ryan Thunder

Yeah, my opponents are playing Dark Eldar and vanilla Space Marines. Simultaneously.

Since we don't have a fourth player, the Tau are on my side, under my direct control.

Ryan Thunder

Seems I made some mistakes. Here are my latest revisions;

Imperial Guard & Grey Knights (1248)

1× Company command squad
2× Infantry platoon (3× infantry squads [grenade launcher, missile launcher], heavy bolter squad)
1× Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (power armour, psychotroke grenades, Ulumeathi plasma syphon)
1× Grey Knight strike squad (10×  Grey Knight, 2× psycannon, psybolt ammunition, Nemesis force halberds)
2× Hydra flak tank (extra armour)

Farsight Tau (1248)

1× Commander Farsight
7× Crisis bodyguard (fusion blasters, target lock, bonded)
3× Crisis battlesuit (2× plasma rifle, bonded, 2× gun drone)
3× Crisis battlesuit (2× plasma rifle, bonded, 2× gun drone)
2× Crisis battlesuit (2× missile pod, velocity tracker, bonded, 2× gun drone)

Chicop76

So 3 armies as one. If you are facing a lot of strenth 8 or higher shots than I wish you luck.