News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tempest's new log- Dark Angels- August 7

Started by Tempest Six Two, August 07, 2013, 11:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest Six Two

Hi everyone, it's been a while!

I've spent a few months out of the hobby, trying to get some finances back in order and to this end I put the Blood Angels, Dark Angels and all my terrain up for sale. The Blood Angels sold through word of mouth in a few days, the terrain went and the Dark Angels were very close but in the end the sale fell through. I'd been quite disillusioned about the hobby for a while, and I think this was being compounded by having way too many half-done armies as well as the lack of funds. So, got a lot of stuff moved on giving me precious dollars and garage space (I had loads of terrain).

What I have now is my Dark Angels, in a state of complete rebuild. All the robed guys went into tr Simple Green, where they still are, and I built up 20 Tacticals and 5 Devastators in regular power armour as I wanted to step back into the bare power armour aesthetic (at least for a while). Have bought in the last few months as well: Dark Talon, Black Knights, more regular Ravenwing bikes, two Vindicators and I've made up a squad of Deathwing Knights and a squad of Regular DW from the remaining bits + spares.

Will get a lot more up soon, but for now here's my first Tac Marine, still very WIP.

Cheers,
Tempest :)
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Thantos

Glad to see you back and reborn Tempest ;D You had some stunning minis in those BAs, hope you got a great price for them and sorted those finances.

Im liking the first marine :D Very neat start as always, love the bone eagle. Only thing is I think the highlights are a stage too bright? Could tone it down a level perhaps?

Look forward to seeing how they progress!

Tempest Six Two

Hey Thantos! Yeah, its good to be back and with more focus on the one army for once! I got really good money for the Blood Angels which helped out, and things are looking a lot better now.

I forgot to mention- photographing Dark Angels is a massive pain- this is the closest I could get to how it looks 'in the hand', however the green of the armour is actually brighter than this- the highlights arent as stark as they look here. I tried jsut going for the single stage of Warpstone Glow, but you couldnt see it from a foot away-  the Moot Green gives it the 'pop'. From a tabletop perspective it gives a good balance of grimdark and impact. Once I have a squad completed i'll get them into a lightbox and get some better photos.

Forgot to say as well-I've started rebuilding my tanks as well- so far I've pulled down, paint stripped and rebuilt my Predator with a much more cost effective AutoCan/Las sponsons setup, and I'm waiting on the arrival of a Contemptor Mortis with Kheres Assault Cannons and Cyclone ML.

some more pics:

Deathwing Sgt WIP. Had to source some regular termy legs and rear torso pieces. He's rocking a powersword from the Ravenwing Command Squad sprue- having hands and arms seperate on these 'new' boxed sets makes conversions so easy!

The entire Posse. Deepstriking twinlinked Plasma Cannons are boss (esp with split fire!). Gonna do another unit like this later. No shoulders yet and waist/torsos just blu-tak'd together.     

And, got bored and glued some (non GW> thinner?) 40mm bases back to back and made my own variable value markers for playing 'the scouring'- copied the numbers used in the rulebook to number the missions :)
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m