News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The Cavalry Contest 2013 [Rules]

Started by Narric, September 02, 2013, 09:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Lets try and get these back on Track. "Big Guns" will be up after this ;)

Dates:
- Entries can be submitted via a PM to Narric (Me) from September 2nd until October 21st.
- Voting will take place from October 22nd until October 30th.
- Winners shall be announced on October 31st.

Prizes: - Please note, this is a little outdated, and I will be chasing up companies on what they can/cannot offer as prizes. Please don't be upset if they have changed their minds.
1st Place = A Boxset Supplied by Mantic Games.
2nd Place = Second Sphere Dice Set

Along with Physical prizes, Award Seals will also be granted to the Top 3 Entrants.

And here is a picture of the Custom Second Sphere Dice up for grabs;

Rules:
- Entries must be a legal unit/squad. This means minimum squad composition, and mandatory transports MUST be included.
- Single model units, like WH40K Monstrous Creatures and Walkers, are not allowed. This is regardless of their movement speed.
- For a unit to be entered, it must move at least double the average/base speed of the game system, or in-game faction it is from. For example, and Jump Infantry or Bike units from WH40K, and Cavalry and Flying units from WHFantasy.
- If the unit relies on Teleportation to move, or some other means of instantaneous movment, it may not be entered (Looking at you, Grey Knight Interceptor Squads)

Good luck to everyone who is planning on entering. :D

Rarity Declis

*Drops Kroot* They're not going to make the infantry competition anyway. *Picks up something else* But THESE WILL! *begins painting*

Sorck

So would Sanguinary Guard and Assault Marines be acceptable?

Not that I'll necessarily enter them...

Segway Rough Riders are tempting. ;D

Narric

Quote from: Sorck on September 04, 2013, 11:13:50 AM
So would Sanguinary Guard and Assault Marines be acceptable?
In a single word: Yes ;)

Railgun Convention

Would Jet Pack units be eligible? How about Piranhas or other light speeders?
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Narric

Jet packs are allowed. As I said, anything that moves double the average movement s for this contest.

40k Skimmers and Flyers, Beasts, Bikes, Jet Pack, Jump Troops and anything else I can't think off that falls into similar areas to them, are all allowed for this contest.

Just remember. No Monstrous Creatures. They've got their own contest a little bit later ;)

Narric

Reminder to potential entrants. Closing Date for entries is 21st of October at 23:59 GMT