News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Winter Writers Contest [Feeler]

Started by Narric, September 22, 2013, 05:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Putting this up to get a sense of what the forum thinks of a Writing contest. As with the rest of the contest, it won't have to be 40k or Fantasy centric.

As the title implies, I think at this time of year, a Winter/Cold themed piece would be best. I'll leave it up to the writers what that can mean.

If if makes you feel more inclined to enter, I'll look into seeing if I can get some sort of prize, or Prizes arranged. Writing this, I'm considering Maybe Waterstones gift-card or e-voucher? It wouldn't be something to count on right now, but if people want, I can look into it.

Please keep in mind, this is mostly to hear some feedback on this sbject in particular. Don't send me in anything just yet ;)

Mabbz

If it gets me a waterstones gift card, I'll enter anything ;).

In all seriousness, I'd be up for it. I would say make it have to be based on any of the tabletop games that people play around here (40k, fantasy, warmachine etc.). Otherwise I could enter a My Little Pony based story, which wouldn't really be representative of the forum. Unless it was a 40k/MLP crossover, but my point still stands.

Narric

I've sent out a couple enqueries. Could do with some suggestions, as I had to google for more options.

Quote from: Mabbz on September 22, 2013, 07:14:05 PM
If it gets me a waterstones gift card, I'll enter anything ;).
Remember, until I get an e-mail saying yes, that won't be happening :P

QuoteIn all seriousness, I'd be up for it. I would say make it have to be based on any of the tabletop games that people play around here (40k, fantasy, warmachine etc.). Otherwise I could enter a My Little Pony based story, which wouldn't really be representative of the forum. Unless it was a 40k/MLP crossover, but my point still stands.
Good point.

A Crossover Writing Contests could be an interesting one all by itself :P

Narric

I have recieved no reply from any of the companies I tried to contact. I guess I can't offer any off-site prize :(

I'd still like to run this contest, so I'll be drafting the rules later/tomorrow. Input for this would be appreciated from writers.

I will try to keep it unlimited, but of course there will be certain rules that should be followed.