News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Please critique my attempt at a Competitive Ultramarines List

Started by Scalphunta, September 24, 2013, 10:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scalphunta

2000 Points Ultramarines

Greetings, I put together a 2000 point Ultramarine List to use at my hobby shop. The guys I play with are very competitive and some frequent various tournaments.  I am looking for opinions on this list either negative or positive. I am a fairly Old School Fluffy player, so I will not run "Grav weapons" or "Centurions". The  army must stay Ultramarines. Any help is appreciated.

HQ  1 = Captain on bike with Power Weapon and he is my Warlord

* = Command Squad with bikes, 2 stormbolters, 2 power weapons, Apothecary

HQ  2 = Librarian with Terminator armour and Mastery Level 2 (Deep Striking with Terminators)

Elite 1 = 5 Close combat Terminators with 2 Thunder Hammers (Deep Striking)

Troop 1 = 5 Marine Bike Squad with Power fist and 2 meltaguns

Troop 2 = 5 Marine Bike Squad with Power fist and 2 meltaguns

Troop 3 = 5 Marine Bike Squad with Power weapon and 2 plasma guns, meltabombs

Troop 4  = 5 Marine Bike Squad with Power weapon and 2 plasma guns, meltabombs

Troop 5  = 5 Marine Scout Squad with Missile Launcher, Camo Cloaks, Flak Missile and Sgt Telion

Fast Attack 1 = Storm Talon with Lascannons

Fast Attack 2 = Storm Talon with Skyhammer Missiles

Fast Attack 3 = Storm Talon with Skyhammer Missiles

Heavy 1 = Thunderfire Cannon

Heavy 2 = Thunderfire Cannon

Heavy 3 = Stalker

My intentions are to attack anything with Skyfire and then punish anything that can hold an objective. The theme behind the army is Sgt Telion found my opponent and a fast moving support force is responding.

Thank You in Advance
Quote from: Chapter Master Seth on January 12, 2011, 02:07:02 AM
I'm not even kidding though. I really do like [you]. :\

I consider [you] my best friend on the site and somebody I'd like to meet in person.

Arguleon-veq

I think its a solid list to be honest.

Thing is though, if you make it White Scars and lose Telion the list becomes literally twice as good. You dont have to change your theme or colour scheme just use the Scars rules and count your Commander as the Khan.

It all depends on just how competative your scene is, as this is a good list and would do fine in most cases but if your opponents are all good players with good lists then I think youd need to use the Scars rules to be on an equal footing.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Scalphunta

I like White Scars but I can't disrespect my Ultramarines. I was thinking about dropping the digital weapons and adding a teleport homer.

I consider [you] my best friend on the site and somebody I'd like to meet in person.

Narric

I'd personally choose more precise Deep-striking, but as you Libby is DS'ing with the Termies, there would be little point. Flyers are safer flying in, than Deep Striking around terrain.

Not much else I can suggets. Even though I haven't played with or against Marines in a while I can't see much wrong with this list.

Scalphunta

They just posted on another site that a White Scars bike army is one of the best Space Marine builds but it feels like poor form to change armies just to win.

Narric

Then don't change. you have a story in your mind with current build. This build is alreayd pretty darn good loking. There is no real need to change it, unless it turns out to be not as strong as we thought, and things only then need changing.

I usually only change my lists if there is something I want to include, be it a unit I like the look and bio for, or maybe just taking a particular unit just becuase i have some awesome models to represent it.

Scalphunta

How do you think the army would play if I substituted the 2 Whirlwinds for 2 Thunderfire Cannons? The changes are in red. I removed an Auspex and Digi-lasers.