News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Grey Knight Terminator

Started by Jonagon, September 27, 2013, 02:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonagon

Hi guys,

About 5 weeks ago I decided that I'd try and enter GD, I've never been before so I figured I'd just do it. Now I've basically run out of time on the figure, there are some rough bits but I'm happy.

My aims with this were to not embrass myself and to paint something better than I've done before, which I think I've done, so happy enough, though it won't win anything.

Coolmini or not link.

Paradoxrifts

This is easily just as good as some of entries that have won a Golden Demon in the not so distant past, Jonagon. And while I don't think you'll walk away with a statue this year because of the quite frankly insane level of competition, if your work keeps improving at the rate that it is, then it is only a matter of time, perseverance and effort  before you manage to win yourself a really ugly looking trophy.

All you need to do is keep pushing and challenging yourself. 

Deraj

Your NMM looks amazing as always but what really looks great (and that people can rarely get right) is the face. Good job man.

Thantos

Awesome job! Really improved from your previous pieces (and they were excellent to begin with!) can tell you pushed yourself on this one! ;D Love the blends and NMM, really inspires me to pick up the brush again.
I wish you luck at GD, I hope that you at least get a 1st round certificate, because this really deserves it.

You've already won some Karma ;) +1

Jonagon

Thanks very much guys, appreciate it! :)

Jonagon

Just to let you know guys, I got a finalist medal for this, didn't win anything but got some great comments from the judges and other GW sculptors/painters so I can go on to improve from here. Super happy with that, in a really hard catagory. :)

Paradoxrifts

Quote from: Jonagon on September 30, 2013, 09:57:42 AM
Just to let you know guys, I got a finalist medal for this, didn't win anything but got some great comments from the judges and other GW sculptors/painters so I can go on to improve from here. Super happy with that, in a really hard catagory. :)

Congratulations!

Thantos

Well done mate ;) Already looking forward to what you will come up with next year.

Tempest Six Two

Very well done, he looks super impressive up there on his display base. Something for the rest of us to aspire to :)
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m