News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Winter Writers Short Story Contest [Rules]

Started by Narric, October 01, 2013, 09:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Well, a few of you have asked when we're gonna do this, I think we should get the ball rolling now.
There will be a slight change with this contest, but it should hopefully make sense.

[insert some inspirational speech about war and seasons here. I'm not a good writer :P]

Rules:

• Minimum 100 words, up to a maximum of 1000 words
  • Must be connected to at least one Wargame (Warhammer 40k/Fantasy, Warmachine/Hordes, Infinity, Warpath, Kings of War.
  • Crossovers are allowed, provided characters/factions act and stay in character.
  • No My Little Pony ;)

Dates:
- Entries can be submitted via a PM to Narric (Me) from October 1st until November 24th December 8th.
- Voting will take place from November 25th until November 29th December 9th until December 15th.
- Winners shall be announced on November 30th December 16th.

Prizes:
The First place winner of this contest wins a Second Sphere Dice Set.

Narric

Its unfortunate, but I have to admit we have not enough entries to run this contest.

However, I am extending the deadline for this Contest by Two Weeks.

This means you have until December 8th to enter a Short Story. Voting will be held between December 9th throught to December 15th, with the winner announced on the 16th.

Please do not abuse this extension.

Lord Sotek

Sorry, mate. I'd have liked to have written and submitted something for this, but the semester has just been too hectic, and the extension will fall during finals week. :/
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Narric

InsaneTD

Any chance we can submit something that is based on a game still in development?

Narric

Proved Provided it is a Wargame, of course :)

And I'm sure the developers would probably appreciate the fan-made fluff as support ;)

InsaneTD

Since I'm the one working on it, it's a good excuse to do some background. :P

I'll see if I can get something written.

Narric

I think I'm going to include a rule for Fiction contests.

- Ensure your entry has a relavent title.

I've had a few that don't have a title, which is a little awkward :P