News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Big Guns Contest 2013 [Voting]

Started by Narric, October 21, 2013, 11:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose 1 Entry

A: Hellcannon
6 (30%)
B: Tau Broadside
4 (20%)
C: Tau Riptide
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: October 29, 2013, 11:26:07 PM

Narric

Well, I asked for big guns, and I can't exactly complain about these big guns :P

Can you easily decide between these?

A: Hellcannon
Spoiler

B: Tau Broadside
"Mobile artillery, ready to serve."
Spoiler

C: Tau Riptide
Spoiler

The Man They Call Jayne

That Riptide looks like it was involved in the most awkward and uncomfortable landing EVER. . .

All nice minis though :)
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

gorlak

Surprised that there weren't more entries. Thought this one had generated some hype :D but good luck to all those involved none the less :D

knightperson

Yeah, as usual I never got around to taking and uploading pictures  :facepalm001:
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Kur'os

Oh well.  3rd works for me.  ^ ^

Does the small number of entries change the prizes?  Granted, 3rd is fine with me as I've been aching for a set of SS dice for a couple years now...  >.>;;

-Kurocyn

gorlak

Really surprised I won this  :o I mostly used it as a motivator to get something painted, so really shocked - and I would have bet my right arm that amazing broadside would have taken it.

Thantos

Well done guys :D It was a tough vote. I think the glowing OSL effect may have been the thing that swung it!

First: Entry C: Tau Riptide - Gorlak
Second: Entry A: Hellcannon - Scarface
Third: B: Tau Broadside - Kur'os

Prizes points and seals will be on their way! PM me addresses for receiving 2S dice  ;D

I love the pose of the broadside, just maybe some subtle weathering would have pushed some more votes onto it? What brand water effects did you use?

gorlak

Quote from: Thantos on October 31, 2013, 10:46:45 AM

I love the pose of the broadside, just maybe some subtle weathering would have pushed some more votes onto it? What brand water effects did you use?

I would like to know if you have an entire army based like that? Because it looks absolutely amazing :D so if you do, full scale army shots please :D

Kur'os

Quote from: Thantos on October 31, 2013, 10:46:45 AM
Glad you like it.  A key facet of the pose is actually the rock I used under his foot.  It's from outside the LGS in TX where I picked up the 'new' Tau and where I first saw GW products many years ago.  ^ ^

I'm only just now actually trying to improve my painting.  Not all that sure how to show weathering on Tau gear...  Otherwise, the water effects I use is a Japanese bottle/brand, so I can't really identify it.  >.<;;

Quote from: gorlak on October 31, 2013, 11:49:11 AM
I would like to know if you have an entire army based like that? Because it looks absolutely amazing :D so if you do, full scale army shots please :D

Well, that's certainly the plan.  This was my prototype for the swamp basing I'm planning for my cadre... 

-Kurocyn

Tom

You should have a look at SILK's riptide for some weathering ideas: http://secondsphere.org/index.php?topic=1188.0
Using a sponge to apply the weathering colour is simple and with a bit of practice looks good. If you practice it often enough and combine it with some drybrushing it should become really quick to do weathering.

Narric

Excellent Work people ^_^

Just got back in, so i'l be sorting out the next set of contests ASAP, or more likely tomorrow before and/or after work.

Thanks Thantos, for covering for me over the past couple days ^_^

gorlak

Got my dice last week and they are sooo sweet.

First roll: all 6s. Next roll: All 7s!

Really stoked about them - but just a quick question: Would seals also be rewarded? :P

Narric

Seals are currently set to be awarded, but currently the New Seals don't generate. I've tried to explain in more detail in the Public Contest Discussion thread: http://secondsphere.org/index.php?topic=1464.0

Your Comp Points have been awarded already however.

Kur'os

Still haven't received my dice yet...  :(

-Kur'os

Narric

Best poke Thantos on that ^_^;; He's the one with the dice.