News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Winter Writers Short Story Contest [Voting]

Started by Narric, December 09, 2013, 10:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose 2 Entry

A. Gears of Waaaaargh!
7 (53.8%)
B. Failed Negotiations
2 (15.4%)
C. Sexual Health in the Field
5 (38.5%)
D. Iron Within
3 (23.1%)
E. Broken Friendships
2 (15.4%)
F. The Birth of a Monster
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: December 16, 2013, 10:25:38 PM

silverfuge

Same here re read that bit three times just to check. That would be cool dr who with an army of orks.
Gm is God

Narric

AAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLlllllllllrighty theeeeeen!

The votes have been chucked into a machine and a random selection of three winners has been made:

In first place we have:
Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus, with "Gears of Waaaaargh!"

Then in Second place we have:
Pilum, with "Sexual Health in the Field"

And in Third place we have:
Bigtoof, with "The Birth of a Monster"

Thank you all for playing this game, and Thank you to all the Writers who entered.

Looking forward to running this again in the new year, maybe more than once ;)-

Pilum

Well, it's nice tae see SOME o' ye take yer health seriously, even if ye do have an inexplicable attraction tae a bunch o' lunatics drivin' aroond tryin' their best tae keep me in a job!
:)
Thanks for those who thought what I wrote was worth a vote, very well done to Naser and apologies to any Scottish members for going all Oor Wullie on them! (I actually have a mental image of Fulton Mackay - the warden in Porridge - playing the doctor here). Very big commiserations to Bigtoof - I was sure yours would knock mine out of the park!!

A prize from the My Little Warhorse story contest: http://gwarrior456.deviantart.com/art/Its-just-a-little-storm-430546453

gorlak

Just wanted to praise all the entries in this one. Great job. And I also thought the blue box was something Who-esque at first :D hope to see entries for a longer story style contest - always loved the fluff some of the Batreppers of 2S have produced (especially Bigtoofs batreps!).

BigToof

Man, I'm a bit late for this one, but congratulations to everyone!

This was a great set of stories and I hope to see more in the future!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Mabbz

I was worried someone would notice that the main character in mine (Shas'vre Vishai) is actually the same guy I entered for the create a character competition. Nobody said anything so I guess I got away with it.

Narric

You cheeky sod, how dare you do such an...

Oh alright, you can have you character developement....... This time ;) ¬w¬

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

So apparently people don't mind my Ork fluff, once you get through the (intentionally) horrible syntax, grammar and spelling! :P

Ty for those who voted (esp to those who voted twice!)

Cyrus
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

silverfuge

Gm is God