News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The Newsletter Thread

Started by Narric, November 12, 2013, 10:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

So some news, I have take on responsibility to write the Monthly Forum Newsletter!

I have some ideas myself on what to include, but what does the Forum wish to see?

Obviously the contests will feature, as it is a great way to interest potential new members, and show off the best of the forum.

Would people be interested in submiting picture of finalized minatures? By this, i mean if you see a finished miniature in the Hobby board, you send me a link nominating it for a feature, and I include it in the Newsletter if I get enough nominations for it. Obviously I can do more than one per month if I get enough interest ;)

We could also do the same with the Fluff & Stories, House rules and Battle Reports. House Rules always need playtesters and fresh opinions,. and people seem to be turning their Bat-reps into Narratives these days. And of course more audience to excellent writing can never go wrong ;)

But what else would the Forum like me to include? what do you think will draw in more people? What would make people think "Yes, I saw this on Second Sphere" ??

Thanks for your time, of to write a first draft of the newsletter.

silverfuge

What about a selection of rumours from the thread.

Also maybe an interview with a member?

Summary of current rp as a story ?

A small story and/or jokes.

I used to love them before but do know FT did say he struggled towards the end. Hope my suggestions are not pants.
Gm is God

Narric

Those sound like great ideas :)

I think I'll best save the member interviews for next year ;) Got a couple other ideas planned that will give an idea ofwho should be done first.

RP Summaries I'd have to ask the GM of to do them justice. but still cool idea.

Jokes and Stories can be member submited, if that sounds more fun ;)

I can't remember the last Newsletter if I'm honest :P

silverfuge

Believe FT saved them somewhere if they havent died. There is an amazing comic called wibbly wobbly based on 40k very funny, I previously asked to use them on an internet radio I was doing. He was very kind and let me as long as he got the credit which was no problem. Maybe an idea theres 100+ so you have steady content.
Gm is God