News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Adepta Soriatus vs Tau-Crons in "A New Beginning" (1500, 12/2/13)-DONE!

Started by BigToof, December 02, 2013, 04:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Adepta Soriatus vs Tau-Crons in "A New Beginning" (1500, 12/2/13)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,
Guess what?  It's back...

Sisters are back and well...  I haven't put out a rep as I haven't found a list that I liked.
And then the Inquisition Dex hit.

Yeah, I've got a list now :)

Can the Sisters hold their own against the might of the Tau and Necrons, or do they fall to the wayside like before?

All I can say is... read on!

Oh, and there's some fluff here as well.

Best,
-BT

-----------------

---------------
The Lists
---------------

Adepta Soriatus (1500): 55 Infantry, 6 Vehicles; 15 VPs
-Inquisitor Agatha Brimstone (Ordos Xenos w/Power Armor, Psyker1, FSword, RadG, PsychoG, LiberH, Servoskullsx2)
-Canoness Esmerelda w/Eviscerator, Rosarius, Mantle, Combi-Flamer
-Priest w/Power Mace, Litanies of Faith
-Battle Sistersx5, Flamer, Heavy Flamer in MM Immolater
-Battle Sistersx5, Flamer, Heavy Flamer in MM Immolater
-Battle Sistersx20, Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Condemnor Boltgun
-Dominionsx6, Meltagunsx4, Vet Sister in MM Immolater
-Dominionsx6, Meltagunsx4, Vet Sister in MM Immolater
-Seraphimx10, Hand Flamersx2, Vet Sister Elizabeth
-Exorcist
-Exorcist

Tau-Crons 1500: 37 Infantry, 1 MC, 5 Vehicles; 13 VPs
Tau Empire
-Shas'O w/Flamersx2, Irridium Armor, Pchip, MSS, CNC
-Riptide w/IAccelerator, TL-Fusion Blaster, EWO
-Krootx10
-Krootx10
-SkyRay Gunship w/TL-SMS, Spines, DPod
-SkyRay Gunship w/TL-SMS, Spines, DPod
Necrons
-Destroyer Lord w/SWeave, MSS
-Warriorsx5 in Night Scythe
-Warriorsx5 in Night Scythe
-Wraithsx5
-Annihilation Barge

-------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------
Chapter One: A New Beginning
--------------------------------

She wasn't sure when the pain began or ended or if there was anything but the overwhelming sensation of tortuous grief.  It seemed to be all around her to the point where she couldn't think of anything.  She couldn't remember how it started.  Even her name seemed unimportant.  How much time had passed?  Everything seemed so far away, but in a way, the pain was lessening.  And with it, she felt as if she was slowly dissolving.  Perhaps that was for the best.  Fade away.  Simply be unmade.

And that was when things suddenly snapped into crystal-clear clarity.  She blinked a few times, realizing that she was seated.  In a room.  Words for things were slowly flowing back into her mind.  A table.  A chair.  White.  Everything was white.  She glanced down at herself.  She was wearing a white simple robe.  There was a symbol on it.  A flower.  A... rose.  It meant something.  She was sure of it.  But...

A shimmer appeared in front of her and a door appeared in a wall, it opened and a woman stepped out.  She was older, wearing a similar white robe, but it was adorned with a letter.  A large "I" that bred suspicion in her.  Something that she felt should not be trusted.

The woman sat and spoke, "How are you feeling?"

When no response came, the woman continued, "Do you remember your name?"

A name?  Words bounced around until one settled out of the masses.

"Es...  Esmerelda."

"Good," said the woman with a smile.  "My name is Agatha.  I'm glad to finally meet you."

"Where am I?"

Agatha looked pensive for a few moments and Esmerelda had a moment to look at her.  For some reason, it was hard to make out details.  She was older, but she didn't look it.  But, there was something about the woman that bespoke years far beyond what she seemed.  A kind of depth that Esme wasn't used to seeing.

Then, the woman spoke, "You're...  in your mind."

Esmerelda frowned, "I...  I don't understand.  How is this poss..."

A word clicked to her mind, and Esmerelda spat out, "A Witch.  You're a Witch."

Agatha sighed, "In a manner of speaking.  I am an Agent of the Inquisition."

Shaking her head, Esmerelda started to turn away, "You...  I cannot abide...  Leave..."

Suddenly, Agatha was in front of her, and Esmerelda found that she could not look away or close her eyes.  All sense of normalcy had fallen away.

"Esmerelda, I am sorry for the suddenness, but you are on the edge of death.  You can pass on to...  to the Emperor.  But, I have need of you.  The Imperium has need of you.  I know you are tired and it is unfair of me to ask.  Can you stand with me in defense of the weak and innocent?"

Esmerelda shook a bit and then ceased struggling.  If all of this was true, then something horrible had happened.  Had she failed in her duty?  She couldn't remember what had happened.  But, if the Imperium needed her, then it was her duty to rise to the challenge a thousand times over if the Emperor needed her.

"I...  I will, Inquisitor.  But know that I do not trust you."

Agatha nodded, "I know, Cannoness.  But I hope that one day you will."

And with that, Agent Agatha Brimstone of the Ordos Xenos opened her eyes.  The mass of medical Servitors were already stitching the remains together.  Agatha took another few moments to consider the possible outcome of her actions, but the good of the many outweighed the good of the few.  Or so she hoped.  She nodded to the Servitor who was already attaching the Eldar device to the pod and there was a surge of psychic energy as it started it's work.  The Canoness was one of the few survivors from the Massacre of New Sanctuary, and the Order of the Rose was a tattered ruin of its once former glory. 

She knew that the Soriatus would not follow her willingly, especially as she was a psyker, so she needed a trusted face to bring them around.  It was a necessary bit of manipulation, which she disliked, but was unfortunately required for this newest errand.  The Xenos threat had grown to a level that could no longer ignored.  Soon, the next chapter in her plan would come into being.  And with a bit of luck, it might actually work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Game Thoughts: Wow, alright, let's add an Inquisitor to the mix.  It feels like I'm just spamming in the new flavour of the month, but quite frankly, the Sisters needed a bit of a punch.

So now, there's new Sisters vs Tau and Necrons.  The Crons look like they probably will come to me, but Flyers are kind of going to be a problem.  I'm not sure if the Sisters can deal with Wraithwing AND a Riptide, but we'll see what they can do...

------------------------------------------------
Setup: Vanguard (Diagonal)
Mission: Big Guns (Heavy Score, 4 objectives)
Psyker: Agatha: Prescience
Warlord:
Agatha: Redeploy 3 units 1d6" or 1 unit 3d6"
Shas'O: Skyfire for a turn (I have... no fliers)
---------------------------------------------------

To Be Continued!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Cammerz

I love throwing Inquisitors into the mix, they seem to make everything better, especially now I'm doing a lot of Dark Heresy. And radical Inquisitors are the best sort. It's nice to see a return of older characters, if I recall correctly then both of these individuals were allied to the Space Wolves at one point or another, Agatha all the way back when you could mix Daemonhunters or Witch Hunters with any other Imperial army.

The fluff is amazing so far, now onto the army lists; I'm not familiar with the new Sororitas 'dex, do any of your things have an anti-air option? If not then you might find dealing with those Scythes a bit tricky, although you could always try ignoring them, that sometimes works. The Wraiths and the Riptide will probably cause you the most trauma in this one, I presume the Tau Commander will be joining the Riptide to make use of the MSS and CCN. The Sky Rays will probably soak up long range firepower but their damage output should be limited so I'd ignore them until you get the meltas in close, then steal the objectives out from underneath them.

Looking forward to this one immensely BT, can't wait for more.

BigToof

Thanks Cammerz!
I thought if anyone you'd remember Agatha :)

So, yes this one will be a bit slow in coming out, but I hope you all will enjoy it!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

BigToof

Hi All,
Apologies for the delay, but I was not kidding when I said that the land of 'Toof went straight from "suck" to "blow."  And not in the good way.

Still, I finally managed to barter up some time and finished my first foray with the girls.

Let me know what you think, as I'm really not sure how/if I want to keep the Sisters.

Best,
-BT

------------------------------------------

--------------------
Interlude
--------------------

Emperor's Day.

A day to mark the new year and a celebration of the divinity of the Emperor. Normally a day of high spirits, but it was not so with the Order of the Holy Rose.  Acting-Cannoness Elizabeth sat in quiet meditation with her fellow Sisters, awaiting judgement from the Inquisition.  They had failed in their duty, and all knew that the consequences could be dire.

It had been a year full of high hopes.  The Bell of St. Ophelia had been in their hands, and the Imperial Guard had reinforced the planet of New Sanctuary to guard the holy artifact.  Then, something had happened and the Guard were remobilized to fight some other great threat.

Elizabeth had never actually found out the reason, but the consequences came soon enough.  A veritable horde of Chaos descended upon New Sanctuary.  Heretic Marines and Daemons alike struck a decisive blow against the defenders, and the body count rose dramatically.  Elizabeth tried not to think of the ways the fallen had suffered, as many of the Chaos were devotees of the God of Excess, Slaanesh.  But, that mattered little compared to when they lost the Bell.  Her friend and then-Cannoness Esmerelda had held the last line of defense with her, and the tide of Chaos had faltered.  But, it was not enough.  They were thrust aside, broken and battered and the Bell was taken from them.  She had expected the monsters to debase and kill them, but reinforcements from the Imperium had arrived, and the Chaos worshipers were took flight with their prize.  Besides the bell, the losses were many.  The Order had shrunk to a mere handful, and Esmerelda was dead, torn to shreds as she sacrificed herself in the vain effort to keep the line intact.

Could they have done more?  Did the Emperor himself forsake them on that day?

So many questions filled her mind, and more were added when they had been quarantined by the Inquisition.  She had thought that they would be immediately executed for simply being near the Dark Forces, but that was not their fate.  Instead, there were countless tests, questionings, and probes.  Sometimes Elizabeth though that death would have been preferable.  At least then there would be some chance of keeping their dignity.  Not that they deserved any of it.  After all, who could possibly...

There were sounds of cloth rasping and shouts from the back of the simple, makeshift alter room and Elizabeth turned to chide the younger Sisters.  They were to keep silence, to meditate upon their wrongs not to...

And that was when she saw them.  Two figures, clad in Power Armor.  One was a raven-haired woman wearing the mark of the Inquisition.  But, the other...

"Esme?"

Canoness Esmerelda smiled for what felt like the first time in ages.  The Sisters crowded around her, and suddenly the entire room erupted with shouts and cheers.  Esmerelda tried to keep some semblance of order in front of the Inquisitor, but everything sort of fell apart when one tall Sisters bolted forward through the crowd and threw a mighty embrace on her that she felt through the Power Armor.  It seemed that some things didn't change.

"Ellie.  It's... good to see you too."

Esmerelda looked down at her friend, who was trying and failing to keep tears from running down one side of her face.  There was a flicker of light as the bionic eye on the other side tried to keep up in sympathy.  Esmerelda frowned.  Ellie had always had such pretty eyes.  But, every one of them had scars from the battle.  At least, they were alive.

"You... utter trollop," gasped out Elizabeth.  "You...  You were...  I was sure you were..."

Esmerelda nodded, "I was.  Mostly.  The Inquisitor.  She...  I don't really...  It's not important, Ellie.  We have a mission, now.  A chance.  A second chance."

Elizabeth paused and then turned to look at the Inquisitor, who had a small, enigmatic smile on her face.  Nothing was free, and things smelled wrong.  But, today, Esme was back.  Tomorrow they would sort things out.  And if the Inquisitor betrayed them, well, then things would be messy.  But, that would be another time...
----------------------------------------

Setup: Thankfully, this time there's actually cover with a few decent sized ruins in each deployment zone with trees scattered around near the edges.  One of the larger ruins is off to the far side, but the other option for deployment has the ruin near the center of the zone.  The Sisters take the zone with the ruins more set back and give the more central ruins to the Taucrons.

I put the Exorcists in the ruin with Immolaters flanking them.  I put the Servoskulls near the center to keep the Kroot from blocking my scouts, and then put the blob with all the ICs behind the tanks.  Ellie and her Seraphim are in reserve to Deep Strike.

My opponent deploys fairly aggressively with the Riptide and Commander in the ruin with a commanding view with the Destroyer Lord and Wraiths in front of them.  The Barge and Stingrays went behind them in the corner.  Both Kroot go in reserve to outflank.

Then...  I redeploy and move all of the blob in front of the tanks.
Scout moves have the Dominions and the blob forward.

Picture Caption: Things... are about to get rather interesting...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------
Turn 1: Sisters
----------------

Canoness Esmerelda peered down at the Tau assembled before them.  The Inquisitor had said little regarding the strange Xenos, and Esmerelda had yet to fight them.  Clearly though, their firepower was not to be ignored.  It was odd how easily their ship was able to land and they were not even fired upon yet.  It was almost as if the Tau considered them to be inconsequential.  If so, she thought, they were in for a rude awakening.

"Sisters!  Forwards!  Let them feel the might of the Emperor!"

-----------------------------------

Well, yeah, things just got interesting.

My opponent has clearly underestimated the power of Scouting, and now my Dominions are in range to put the hurt on.

Prescience goes up fine on the blob, and Agatha also puts down Counter-Attack on the blob using her Liber.

I move the Dominions forward, throw caution to the wind, and deploy out both squads of girls.  The blob moves up, as do the other Immolators.

Shooting has the Dominions use their Faith to ignore cover and the Riptide takes TEN meltas/multi-meltas to the face.  Needless to say, he does not survive.  I shoot the Exorcists at the Wraith-star and my opponent is a bit shocked by the torrent of S8 AP1 shots (I rolled pretty decent, I have to admit).  He tries to tank the wounds on his Lord, but the Lord fails a silly number of cover saves and goes down.  He also loses a few Wraiths.  Surprised by the sudden reliability of the Exorcists, the Immolators and blob hustle forward instead of firing.  Which... is kind of bad as the Destroyer Lord GETS BACK UP.  (Doh!)

Picture Caption: Hells yeah.  Oh wait...  He got back up...

--------------------------
Turn 1: TauCrons

Shas'O Ko'Cha shook his head with dismay as the Imperial females charged forwards.  Deception, much as he had feared.  He looked upon the fallen Necrotyr, who were luckily re-assembling themselves.  An amazing feat, something that he had seen before, but always brought a feeling of curiosity to the forefront.  That, and a kind of foreboding.  The silent aliens had come to him bearing the traditional mark of peace, and they had entered into negotiations.  It seemed simple enough.  The Necrotyr simply wanted a trading partner for their unusual-looking Scarab communicators.  Ko'Cha thought they were idle amusements, but all of the Tau that tried them said that they were marvelous inventions and that every Tau should have one.  Even the Water Caste had agreed with surprising speed. 

Ko'Cha cared little for such matters, but as the Necrons were here as guests of the Tau, so would they be protected as one.  He had broken many a legion of Gue'ron'sha before, and these smaller females seemed to be far weaker in every aspect.  As he highlighted the forces, he felt a slight pang of guilt.  After all, how could they hope to stand against the Greater Good?

------------------------------------------------------------------

So... here comes the hurt!

The Annihilation Barge fires first into one of the Immolators, but does minimal damage.  Arcing damage hits the blob, but casualties are also minimal.  My opponent then fires his Stingrays, but is a bit uncertain.  He chooses to fire at the Immolators coming in fast from the flanks, and stuns one.  The other takes a glance, but keeps moving forward!

Then it comes down to the Wraith-star that assaults both squads of Dominions.  The Star does horrible damage, and I think I manage to take a Wraith down in Overwatch, but that's about it.  One squad of Dominions stay, but the other runs off...

Picture Caption: Wow, that Wraith-Star is pretty mean...

Turn 2: Sisters

Agatha Brimstone paused as she quietly infused the Soriatus around her with her powers.  The Cannoness had not advertised her psychic powers, and perhaps that was for the best.  But, every inch of advantage was needed against the Necrons.  It was worse than she had feared, as the Tau were on the verge of being assimilated by Necron technology.  Perhaps it was just their naivete, or some kind of pervasive nature of the Xenos technology, but the Tau did not see the threat of the Necron Scarabs that were sending out microscopic tendrils into their brains.  The Tau thought of them as some kind of communicators, but Agatha knew different.  The Necrons were not here for communication or trade.  They were here to conquer.  And if steps were not taken, the Imperium itself would have a threat of unimaginable magnitude on their hands.  She only hoped that some of the Soriatus would survive...
----------------------------

Right, so I have one turn until the Flyers come on and shoot me to pieces.  I had hoped that I could dakka out the Wraith-star, but they're locked in combat.

So be it!

The Dominions rally and Prescience goes up fine on the blob again.  The mobile tanks all move forwards, as does the blob.
It takes every inch of the firepower from the Exorcists and the Immolators, but I manage to crater the Annihilation barge.

The blob then assaults the Wraith-Star!
I hit the blob with Rad and Psycho-grenades, which help as the girls suddenly go nuts with re-rollable pretty much everything and cut down the Wraiths.  The Lord gets challenged by Esme, who takes no wounds (thanks to re-rollable Priest-given saves) and then takes him apart with her Eviscerator.
Everyone consolidates closer to the Stingrays...

Picture Caption: Wait... when did Sisters get good in assault?!

------------------
Turn 2: TauCrons
------------------

Drak'ka was a Kroot.  A warrior.  He knew how to hunt, how to fight, how to follow orders.  The shaper had told Drak'ka and his fellow warriors to follow the Tau.  They were paid in coin and guns.  And that was enough for Drak'ka.  There were strange creatures now on the world, things made of metal that he was sure he couldn't eat.  That was distressing for Drak'ka as it seemed such a waste when one of them fell into bits.

But now, there were humans.  Soft, tasty flesh that Drak'ka could almost smell from this distance.  They were hiding in their tanks, but it would be all but a matter of time before they came out.  And Drak'ka would be waiting.  Hungry, but waiting.

-------------------

ALL of his reserves come in.

That's... not so good.
The Scythes go straight for my blob and Immolators, and both Kroot squads outflank into forest behind the Exorcists!

The shooting starts with the Commander jumping up and shooting apart three of the Dominions who were getting too close.  The Stingrays and Scythes wreck two of the Immolators and stun the third, basically removing all the mobile armor from my front line.  The blob takes a few arcing shots from the Necron guns, but again, not too much is done.  Shots also go into the rear of the Exorcists, but I only take a glance from one tank.

Picture Caption: Man, I liked my mobility, I really did...

------------------
Turn 3: Sisters
------------------
"Ellie!  We're getting shot up back here!"

Sister Elizabeth nodded to her Seraphim as they readied their packs.  The Exorcists were in trouble.  Again.

And, once again, Esme didn't have the sense to keep someone in the backfield, but instead was charging off to her own damnation.
But, on the other hand, that did give them plenty to do in the meantime.

"Seraphim!  Our fellow Sisters need help.  Let's show those Xenos some proper Soriatus hospitality."

---------------------------

Ellie and her Seraphim arrive and land in front of the Kroot.
Why do I feel things getting rather warm, rather fast for them?
Meanwhile, the Sisters ignore the flyers and move in on the Tau that now have very little room to hide.
The Exorcists start the shooting phase by blowing apart a Scythe with (thankfully) a few lucky shots.  The Seraphim land and after all of their re-rollable wounds destroy an entire Kroot squad without breaking a sweat.

Picture Caption: Wow, girls, just... wow.

----------------------
Turn 3: TauCrons
----------------------
The Warriors from reserves run in to the left, trying to get to the other side of the board.
The Scythe veers over to shoot at the Exorcists.
My opponent realizes that he has no more Seeker Missiles left, and decides to just eliminate my smaller squads, destroying the smaller scoring squad of Battle Sisters and downing most of the front Dominion squad.
The Kroot and Scythe then has some luck as they glance one of the Exorcists apart (!)

Picture Caption: Wow, this is... kind of getting close still...

-------------------
Turn 4: Sisters
--------------------
Shas'O Ko'Cha swore as the females ran through his flames, ignoring the scorching burns that were intended to drive them back.  But, they were like unhinged animals, tearing at him and his charges.  Ko'Cha saw something fly through the air and land at his feet.  It was a grenade of some sort.  Before he could think about reacting, it exploded, and some kind of strange gas filled the area.  Ko'Cha felt his vision swim, and then he heard a strange sound.  It sounded like motor.  Just unnaturally loud and large.

He twisted his head to see one of the females carrying an enormous chain-bladed weapon, almost twice her own height.  It seemed so preposterous, Ko'Cha almost laughed.

And then it came down on his head.

--------------------

The Tau have run and they can run no more!

Ellie and the Seraphim jump over to deal with the Kroot, but that matters little as the Blob gets up close and personal with the Greater Good.

The Seraphim start laying down their templates, but my opponent kindly just takes the Kroot off the table just to save us all time :)
The Exorcist fires and hits the Scythe, who jinked, but gets immobilized still...

Then it's all eyes to the corner as the blob overruns the Commander and a Stingray.  The Shas'O tries to push them back with flamers, but really, fighting Sisters with flame weapons?
That's like hitting Aquaman with a fire hose.
The Shas'O challenges, I guess to try and take out the Inquisitor or Priest, but I put Esme forward.  Who then, much to my opponent's surprise, hews the Shas'O in half with her Eviscerator (Rad Grenades.  The great equalizer).  The girls make a Krak Grenade tree out of the Stingray and blow the tank apart.

Picture Caption: Firepower means little when a NINE-foot Chainsword is in your face.

---------------------
Turn 4: TauCrons
--------------------
The last Stingray tankshocks the blob, hoping for a lucky break, but there is none for the Tau skimmer, who goes to take an objective.
The Scythe leaves the field and the Warriors move up to try and get close to an objective.

------------------
Turn 5: Sisters
-----------------
The Blob krak-grenades the Stingray to it's doom while securing the objective, and the Seraphim do what they do best and take the Warriors apart.  The Exorcist and last Sisters squad move over to take/contest another objective.

And with that, the Taucrons concede, as they only have a Scythe in reserve...

Result: Adepta Soriatus Victory!

---------------------------------------------

Post-Game Thoughts: Sisters are now entirely viable as an army!

There, I said it!

Not overwhelmingly great on the level of Taudar or the like, but they are quite dangerous.

I think the biggest advantage the Sisters had is that my opponent had NO idea as to what they could do.  I went through with him the various Faith powers and what-not, but there's a difference between hearing it and then seeing the destruction it could bring.  I think next time, he's going to be far more cautious than he was this time.

Now to unit reviews:

The Blob worked very well, as it just ran over everything that it came into contact with.  Rad Grenades are terrifying for most units and the girls get to re-roll pretty much EVERYTHING, so when they hit it's just overwhelming.  The Seraphim were also great for denying linebreaker and clearing away those annoying little units. If the Kroot were not taken care of, things would have been a lot different...  The Dominions were also standouts as they got me first blood for the Riptide and really  put the opposing army on it's back-foot turn one.

The Exorcists were good, but kind of ho-hum.  They were great most turns, but sometimes you just really couldn't rely on them.  As primary anti-tank support, I really need something that's just a bit better.  The smaller Sister squads were also good for target saturation, but couldn't really get anything accomplished.

I feel like I have half an awesome army, but they need some help.  They need more ranged weaponry and also something resembling anti-flyer as the Exorcists really struggled to do anything.  If I was rolling just a bit less than what I did, then I would have been in serious trouble.

So in short, I need ranged help, especially if said help could come with anti-flyer.

Maybe IG help?  Hmm... something to ponder anyway.

In any case, hope you all enjoyed it!

--------------------------------------------------------

Shas'O Ko'Cha blinked as his vision came back into focus.  Was he dead?  Is this the afterlife perhaps?

Then shapes grew more familiar and he saw the dingy inside of an Imperial room with a flickering light made with crude technology.  He was a captive.  But of whom?  He slow sat up and heard footsteps behind him.  He turned and found a single female walking towards him, carrying a pair of glasses.  She offered him one, and Ko'Cha peered at the liquid for a few moments before taking the glass.

The female spoke in fluent T'au, something that he had not seen before, "Shas'O Ko'Cha, I admire your prowess in battle, but you are taken under a false guise of friendship.  The Necron are here to destroy you."

Ko'Cha snorted, "And I am to believe you?  You who come under false pretense and then slaughter my people?"

The woman paused and tapped her lip in thought.

"Tell me, Ko'Cha, do you believe in the Greater Good?"

Ko'Cha scowled.  Was she trying to insult him?

"Of course."

"Then you understand how the sacrifice of a few dozen to save the lives of untold billions would make sense."

The Shas'O growled, "You speak lies."

The woman smirked and said, "On occasion.  But I have proof.  Take my evidence to your Ethereals.  Tell them it is from me.  Listen to what they say.  That is all that I ask."

Ko'Cha frowned, "That is all?  You will let me go after all this?  Who...  Who are you?"

"I am Lady Agatha Brimstone of the Inquisition.  You will find, Ko'Cha, that we are all agents of the Greater Good.  Perhaps, on another day, we will be friends."

"Or enemies."

"Indeed," nodded Agatha, "But today, we are... business partners."

Agatha rose to her feet and raised her glass, "To the Greater Good."

"We shall see," said Ko'Cha, taking a small sip from his glass.

The Tau started to gag and turned to Agatha in outrage.  As he slumped to the floor, Agatha shook her head.  The poison would slow the Tau's heart enough to mimic death and that would be enough to pass by the Soriatus.  A simple matter then to deliver a "message" to the Tau High Command once the Shas'O regained his senses, this time far into Tau space.

Agatha thought for a few moments, turning the glass in her hand.  The Soriatus were a powerful tool.  But dangerous.  Was she playing a game too hazardous even for the Inquisition?  She shook her head.  Nothing mattered except for the safety and the good of the Imperium.  And on day, she said to herself, you might even come to believe that...
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Well I really enjoyed this one BT, the fluff was particularly good, especially the whole 'necron communicators' aspect. I've always enjoyed Inquisition stories and Agatha is a great Inquisitor to read about (the slightly radical ones are always the most fun).

As for the battle itself, it went very well for you especially early on however something tells me you need to go first in order to pull off those tactics. The very fact that you won leads me to think that you might as well give them another go and if after three battles you aren't happy with them then try something else (I believe that was your rule covering individual units when you were trying them out in your original Ork army, three battles with Flash Gitz ect.).

If you are looking for allies then I'm sure Imperial Guard would do well (and you write great fluff for the guard so that's a bonus), maybe a squadron of Hydras so deal with anti-air or light/medium ground vehicles, plus a couple of squads of veterans or penal legionnaires would give you something to keep in your backfield to protect from outflankers and the like. If all else fails, perhaps a Lord Commissar with an Icarus Lascannon (from an Aegis line) to deal with heavy armour on the far side of the battlefield.

So, great battle report with great characters and great fluff. More please.
Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Job's a good un!

BigToof

Hi Cammerz,
Thanks for the reply!
I'm glad you liked the fluff and the game.

Sisters seems to be an acquired taste (there's not much activity on this one I noticed...)

As you seem to be a great historian on my IG characters, any suggestions as to who would be interesting to join up with them?

I have the Baron, Commissar O'Keefe and Lady Jenna as possibilities.

Also, Alice Stone (from the Bella story in the fluff section)

Let me know if any seem better than the others :)

Oh, and that goes for anyone else out there as well!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Quote from: BigToof on December 25, 2013, 03:55:49 AM
Hi Cammerz,
Thanks for the reply!
I'm glad you liked the fluff and the game.

Sisters seems to be an acquired taste (there's not much activity on this one I noticed...)

As you seem to be a great historian on my IG characters, any suggestions as to who would be interesting to join up with them?

I have the Baron, Commissar O'Keefe and Lady Jenna as possibilities.

Also, Alice Stone (from the Bella story in the fluff section)

Let me know if any seem better than the others :)

Oh, and that goes for anyone else out there as well!

Best,
-BT

Well let's consider the options;

1) Lady Jenna, possibly my favourite IG character on this list (her battle reports almost rival Vasily's) but of course we have the issue that she is a psyker and the Sororitas might not be too pleased with that revelation (she's not exactly subtle with their use).

2) Commissar O'Keefe, we didn't see too much of him back in the day but I do recall him running around with Stealth Ogryns at one point, a very strong personality to contend with the female characters (and from what I recall he's done that in the past).

3) The Baron, best known for leading a squad of Storm Troopers against the biggest and baddest foes he could find, losing the rest of his squad but annihilating the big, bad monsters in close combat even when victory seemed unlikely. I don't remeber a great deal about his solo outings in command but I don't think things went too well for him (at least in the fluff).

4) Alice Stone, the newcomer. I did read the Bella story way back when it was first released and I know I enjoyed it, of course pure fluff battles always go the way you'd planned and in a real battle report she won't work the same way, but of course you can try whatever you want for her company command squad.

Looking at the shortcomings of your Sisters of Battle, you'll probably want someone who can sit back and deal with those annoying deep-strikers/outflankers ect. whilst the Sororitas are over on the far side of the battlefield. In previous battle reports Lady Jenna has always been rather 'in-your-face', especially when she goes all She-Hulk with Iron Arm. O'Keefe and the Baron have also been combat characters, at least in the Baron's previous incarnation, especially when O'Keefe was running around with a mob of Ogryns.
So thinking about it, unless you were to alter the play-style of an existing character, Alice Stone might be the best option, especially because she doesn't have any previous fluff for how she would react in a regular pitched battle.

Fluff-wise, she was great fun in her origin story and it's always nice to see something new showing up.

As for the army list, her origin story involved her flying a Valkyrie or Vendetta (something along those lines) and you did say you were lacking anti-air, just a suggestion.

BigToof

Thanks for the kind suggestions Cammerz,  I'm really trying to think if I should wait for IG shenanigans in their new book, or if I should just roll with new characters at the moment...

Oh, and as for Lady Jenna, I've got a rep coming up with her and her new... associate :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points: