News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Your 'unmade' Pile

Started by Arguleon-veq, December 08, 2013, 12:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

So after sorting through all my 40K stuff because I wanted pics so that I would have an easy to refer to record of what I actually have when it comes to working out mega battles, I come across all the things that have just gathered dust and never actually been made. Here are the more major ones for me, how about yours?

2 Vindicators,
Land Raider,
Valkyrie+FW Vendetta Conversion Bits,
Leman Russ+FW Vanquisher Conversion Bits,
20 Orks,
3 Deathkoptas,
5 Terminators,
2 Drop Pods,
5 Space Marine Captains!,
Zombie Dragon [there is a whole other Fantasy list  like this but I bought this guy to be a nurgle Helldrake so he goes here],
50 Napoleonic French Grenadier models I am going to use as my second Blob Guard squad,
Baal  Predator,
Rhino,
20 Space Wolf Grey Hunters.

This is just a list of things that never even got made, there are plenty of things which I need to fix but they dont count. Which is crazy as that list come to quite a lot in terms of money, and im poor!  :P, still couldnt sell any of it though, I will  just stick to not being able to afford to put my heating on haha. Things like the Land Raider and Rhino are at least 10 years old.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Deraj

That feels insane to me. I have a ridiculous amount of stuff, but I build really quickly. Unbuilt all I have is a keeper of secrets that I won 2 weeks ago and 2 boxes of high elves that I'm not even sure I need. If we got to an unpainted list.... that would be different :P

The Man They Call Jayne

I've got a riptide that is in chunks, a torso, a pair of legs and so on. A unit of Chaos Raptors. Half a unit of Fire Warriors and ENDLESS  drones of various types.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Thantos

Id need half a day to catalog it all :S ... i think i have a problem! lol Will try and get a list over the xmas break.

Some stuff that i can see at a glance or remember are:

Sgt Centurius LotD
Heresy Netherlord Mk2.
RT Predetor
Metal Venerable Dread
FW Hivetyrants,
Scythed Hirodule,
Malanthrope,
Spore Pods,
Brood nest
RT Hive Tyrant,
Hormagaunts x26
Old DE,
Old Nids,
IG Pretorians,
New DE Scourges,
Raider,
Urien Rakarth,
Haemonculus x2,
Grotesques x6
Tyranofex,
3 Carnifex,
Old Whirlwind,
Drop pod,
50 Rippers,
2 Bocks "Zoanthropes"
=][= Tyrus, Malicant, Stone, Krash Thrax, Callidus Assassin, Firewarrior, Kroot, Lt Black, IG Trooper, Daemonhuntress, Mutant,
Most of a box of Heroquest

... thats some of the GW stuff i can remember :/

Waaaghpower

I don't remember the list off the top of my head and can't be bothered to actually check, but I've easily got a couple hundred models unbuilt. Mostly Ork boys. I've got at least 130-40 ork boys unbuilt.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Scalphunta

My unmade pile is waiting for the Blood Angel Codex update:

1 Storm Raven being prepped for complete magnetization
1 Imperial City box
1 Space Marine Battle Force
2 Land Speeder Storms
1 box of Assault Terminators
1 box of Devastators
1 Baal Predator
2 boxes of Sanguinary guard
2 boxes of new Death Company
2 boxes of old Death Company
5 boxes of Vanguard Veterans
6 boxes of Assault Marines
1 Space Marine chaplain on bike
2 Blood Angels Furioso Dreadnoughts
2 Deathwatch conversion kits
1 Ravenguard Conversion kit
1 IronHands Tactical Squad
1 set of Salamander shoulder pads
4 Forge world Space Marine medics
1 Crusader
1 Manticore
100 GW Flesh Tearer metal shoulder pads with Forge World transfers
Quote from: Chapter Master Seth on January 12, 2011, 02:07:02 AM
I'm not even kidding though. I really do like [you]. :\

I consider [you] my best friend on the site and somebody I'd like to meet in person.

Cammerz

I got an Imperial Guard battleforce during summer 2012, I've made some of it but there's still quite a lot left to go, mainly because I want to paint each model before construction. I built the sentinel and a few infantry, but that leaves the three lascannon teams and over a dozen regular guardsmen/conscripts.

The Allfather

My only unmade model is a DE Ravager. I have a tendency to build everything and then let it sit around unpainted for a long time. :P

Pilum

My 40k pile is actually non-existent! I've been disciplined (skint ;) ) enough to only buy what I need so far, and while there are still one or two "painting in progress" models, everything is in a useable state :smugface:

(Just don't ask about the fantasy or the historicals :facepalm001: )
A prize from the My Little Warhorse story contest: http://gwarrior456.deviantart.com/art/Its-just-a-little-storm-430546453

Narric

Quote from: The Allfather on December 08, 2013, 10:36:54 PM
My only unmade model is a DE Ravager. I have a tendency to build everything and then let it sit around unpainted for a long time. :P
I have a similar problem.

For the most part, everything I can build, I have. I currently only have a couple Exo-lords who are just Legs, torsos and Heads. Nead to buy some parts for them. I also have some robbed legs tat are waiting for parts also, including some Zealot Sci-fi Claws :P

Scalphunta

Quote from: Pilum on December 09, 2013, 10:18:27 PM
My 40k pile is actually non-existent! I've been disciplined (skint ;) ) enough to only buy what I need so far, and while there are still one or two "painting in progress" models, everything is in a useable state :smugface:

(Just don't ask about the fantasy or the historicals :facepalm001: )

Show-off!
Quote from: Chapter Master Seth on January 12, 2011, 02:07:02 AM
I'm not even kidding though. I really do like [you]. :\

I consider [you] my best friend on the site and somebody I'd like to meet in person.

BigToof

40k stuff would be my Trukk that I could potentially turn into something if the main body wasn't "borrowed" by a friend to make something else.
I' put that on my "to be plasticard-ed" sometime in the future list.

Are we counting painted as well?

If so, I've got a much more substantial list that isn't painted to a three-color standard.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Charistoph

Only thing I really have "unmade" is my Land Raider.  I bought it second hand for an almost steal.  It's an almost steal because it's lacking in treads and copula options.  But I'm not complaining too much because I got it, 3 Land Speeders and 5 Assault Marines and a bunch of heads for $40.

I do have a couple bits that have fallen off here and there that need to be reattached, but that's really it.  I usually build as I buy.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Arguleon-veq

Painting is a whole different thing for me, these days something only actually gets painted if I need it for a tournament  ;)
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Sorck

Here's for a little late chip in...

Quote from: Narric on December 09, 2013, 10:20:24 PM
Quote from: The Allfather on December 08, 2013, 10:36:54 PM
I have a similar problem.

For the most part, everything I can build, I have. I currently only have a couple Exo-lords who are just Legs, torsos and Heads. Nead to buy some parts for them. I also have some robbed legs tat are waiting for parts also, including some Zealot Sci-fi Claws :P
i have a lot of unpainted stuff but most things are built. My unbuilt collection is as follows:
* 5 imperial guardsmen
* 10 snap fit guardsmen
* the heads for a lot of chaos knights

The IG are either new (bought the snap fits yesterday ) or I have been waiting to get hold of more miniatures before I could build them appropriately so I don't have as much to build usually.