News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

£60 500pt Army List Challenge

Started by Narric, February 14, 2014, 11:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

This is a little challenge I've thought up. This is 100% theoretical list building, but could easily be tested through services like Vassal 40k.

I've put it here inGeneral 40k, as it can be done for any faction.

With a budget of £60 (or whatever that converts to in other currencies, rounded to the nearest $ or Euro, etc) Create a legal Army List at 500pts. You do not have to stick to a single company, but you have to use all the models bought in the packs. No extra weapons or equipment not included in the Model kits.

Here is my first try at this:
Spoiler
Took a few revisions when I realized I'd included gear I'd want to purchase seperately.

Codex: Imperial Guard
HQ
Lord Commissar – 105pts
Boltgun, Power Weapon, Carapace Armour, Camo Cloak, Melta Bombs

Lord Commissar – 95pts
Carapace Armour, Camo Cloak, Melta Bombs

Ministorum Priest – 45pts

Ministorum Priest – 45pts

Troops
Veteran Squad – 104pts
Sergeant – 2x Bolt Pistol
Squad – Shotgun, Demolitions

Veteran Squad – 104pts
Sergeant – 2x Bolt Pistol
Squad – Shotgun, Demolitions

Total = 498pts

And it is made up from the models seen here: http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=217_218_59_67
One of each model/pack.

Very much a rag tag force, with a few stern faces to keep the rabble in line, or make sure they're aiming their madness at someone in particular. Each model would be a unique personality in the army, and I'm sure it would make for an increadibly laugh for a game.

Dual Pistols is becuase none of the models actually have a Blade, save the Assassin-like dude who is the Boltgun Commissar. It also means they'll have a bit more bite to them when shooting :P

What do you guys think? and does anyone else want to try?

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

60 pounds is enough for me to by 2 boxes of ork boys....and nothing else. I doubt us Australians (and other Gibbed countries) can participate in this very effectively.
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Narric

Hmm, $100aus......

Annoyingly I never bought the Ork codex :-\ but just trying to go for Two Troops and one HQ, you could easily get a Ork boy squad, two Sprues of 4 Boyz, and then buy an Ork nob with Choppa and Slugga or  the Power Klaw Nob to stand in as a Warboss?

That way you can have a Boyz unit of 11+ for Fearless (?) with some Assault Weapon goodness and a Nobz unit for the Warboss to sit an and deal hurt from.

Again, I don't have an Ork dex, so an Orky Player will have to figure the list for that ^_^;;

Arguleon-veq

Rune Priest; Chooser of the Slain, Force Axe
10 Grey Hunters; 2 Plasma Guns
Drop Pod;
5 Grey Hunters; Plasma Gun
5 Wolf Scouts; 2 Plasma Pistols

Leaves 10 Points.

Buy the Space Wolf Battleforce, its £65 but you can get it for about £55 from most discount stores. It still leaves you with 4 Marines too.

With the Battleforce you can easily make a good 600pt list out of it.

I did a whole 5th Ed Space Wolf army out of 3 Battleforces and a few other bits and it cost me less than £200 in total. This was 1850 points and very competitive at the time.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Warboss (Powerklaw, Cybork, Heavy Armour, Bosspole) 105
11 Ard Boyz (Nob with powerklaw, Bosspole, Rokkit Launcha, Stikkbombs) 171
4 Nobz (1 Powerklaw, 2 Big Choppas, 2 Kombi Weapons, Stikkbombs, Heavy Armour) 149

425 Points

And to be honest the list isnt really worth taking to a 400pt list...to many upgrades and not enough boyz :P

Gotta love Aus :D :P
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Narric

Quote from: Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus on February 16, 2014, 10:41:33 PM
Warboss (Powerklaw, Cybork, Heavy Armour, Bosspole) 105
11 Ard Boyz (Nob with powerklaw, Bosspole, Rokkit Launcha, Stikkbombs) 171
4 Nobz (1 Powerklaw, 2 Big Choppas, 2 Kombi Weapons, Stikkbombs, Heavy Armour) 149

425 Points

And to be honest the list isnt really worth taking to a 400pt list...to many upgrades and not enough boyz :P

Gotta love Aus :D :P
I guess Horde focussed armies like Orks would have difficulty getting under £60/$100aus.