News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

750pt Death Korps of Krieg Army (using normal IG 'Dex)

Started by Stewie Griffin, May 09, 2012, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewie Griffin

As Title really

Basically this is a themed Death Korps of Krieg army, I may or may not buy the FW models if the army is good , and I just wanted it reviewed to see if it was any good.

- I've tried to make a list which balances the Death Korps theme of artillery, attrition and so on - and I want to keep as close to that as I can, so please don't suggest stuff that breaks that theme, such as Chimera spam, valks and so on - this is supposed to be a footslogging attrition winning army.

HQ

CCS - Regimental Standard - 65

Troops & Others

Platoon 1 - 240

PCS - Platoon Standard, Flamer, Power Weapon on Officer

Infantry Squad - Power Weapon Sgt, Flamer

SWS - 3 Flamers

Platoon 2 - 255

PCS - Platoon Standard, Flamer, Power Weapon on Officer

SWS - 3 Meltas

2 Basilisks - 250

Total = 810

----------------

Now obviously first things first I'm over the target by 60pts. Originally I had had a Vet squad with 3 meltas in place of platoon number 2, however I went with the Platoon Option so as to capitalise on the attrition thing. Anyway, the reason I equipped them the same as the 1st platoon was so that I could have them all act in an aggresive manner which went up to and included assaulting the enemy (a la trench warfare style) - however, the fact that I'm 60pts over means that obviously a re-work is needed.

The only option I can see is to drop all of the power weapons, flamers, and standards from platoon number 2, and instead of using them in an assault capacity like platoon 1, use them to screen the others instead, putting down shots to weaken the enemy, and then when they are either all dead or the enemy is weak, use the fresh troops in platoon 1 to charge in and finish 'em off (possibly with support from platoon 2 if they're still kicking).

----------------

On a unit by unit thing, here's the basic breakdown of what I want to the squads to achieve:-

. CCS - Unsure with these guys... to be honest in their equipment I was going off what the FW models looked like, as I'm not much of a converter and wouldn't want to mess around with the expensive resin models - but originally I had planned to use these either in a special weapon capacity or an assault capacity (with other squads), but since I looked at the models (and the entry for the regimental standard) that changed to more of a LD bubble of 12' to keep the ordinary boots in line.

. Platoon 1 - pretty much explained above - these guys are my assault troops, with flamers, power weapons and so on, they're there to assault what is still alive after platoon 2 and the artillery have got their teeth stuck into the enemy via shooting.

. Platoon 2 - originally meant to have the same assault role as platoon 1, however due to points constraints that may change to a screening role instead to allow me to advance my assault troops without them taking too much damage from shooting whilst also pouring out shots. - Only exception is the melta SWS, who will break cover from the infantry squads when I'm close enough to a target enemy tank to try and blow it up.

. Basilisks are there to simply provide support through artillery fire - depending on what the enemy have they'll initially target the stuff (infantry wise) that my ordinary guys wont be able to sort out on their own - so we're talking termies, possibly assault marines, gene stealers etc etc. And then moving onto large units which need some heavy duty thinning out before I can consider assaulting them. - Finally, they're also my last ditch choice for anti-tank duties, and will also target enemy tanks if I dont feel the SWS will be able to deal with them.

---------

That's pretty much everything really - As I say, I am trying to play to a theme, and I am also trying to make an effective list. Ideally... I'd possibly like to keep the equipment my units use as close to the FW models as possible too (e.g my infantry sqauds can use these models as they carry flamers Forge World - DEATH KORPS OF KRIEG INFANTRY SQUAD ADVANCING) - but obviously we have to be pragmatic and it's clear that some squads, particularly the PCSs and the melta SWS will require some extra purchases, so don't worry too much about this . C&C is welcome and desired of course! so comment away!

Thanks

DeaNos

it looks like a well balanced list and i live the idea of wave after wave of disposable infantry.

only concerns i would have playing your list is the lack of tanks which is the guards strength but at 750 points thats not a big issue and that most armies now have some sort of outflank deepstrike ing unit so there goes ur 2 basilisks and then your torn between dealing with the units in front of you or about facing one and dividing your strength in numbers to deal with the new threat.

But i love the theme!