News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Hyperios Air Defense Battery Thoughts

Started by Waaaghpower, January 09, 2014, 09:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Has anyone else looked at the Hyperios Air Defense Battery from Forrge World? Without saying the exact rules, for 140 points you get 4 S8 AP3 Twin-linked, skyfire, interceptor shots at BS3. Same range as a missile launcher. Best of all, between the four models you've got 8 wounds, at T6, with 3+ armor.
This is an especially good choice for Space Wolves, in my opinion, because it provides very much needed AA, and it's a fast attack choice, which is rarely used unless you're taking a Thunderwolf Deathstar.
Has anyone tried these? I'm curious about any first-hand experience to see how they perform.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

CoffeeGrunt

On paper they sound good. 4 Krak Missiles at BS3 T-L nets you an average of 3 hits. Against most Fliers that's probably enough to at least force it to Jink, especially ones like the Crimson Hunter. They also sound pretty durable.

If Forge World is okay at your local, I'd say try them. Probably worth proxying first before you lay down the dosh, just to be sure, but I can't see why they wouldn't perform well.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on January 09, 2014, 10:50:27 PM
On paper they sound good. 4 Krak Missiles at BS3 T-L nets you an average of 3 hits. Against most Fliers that's probably enough to at least force it to Jink, especially ones like the Crimson Hunter. They also sound pretty durable.

If Forge World is okay at your local, I'd say try them. Probably worth proxying first before you lay down the dosh, just to be sure, but I can't see why they wouldn't perform well.
There's not a chance in heck I'll shell out 100 bucks for one 140 point squad. If I use, I'll build them out of CMLs.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

The Man They Call Jayne

Its a Hydra that hits harder. Shorter range sure, but place it sensibly and that doesnt matter. Cant go wrong really.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

CoffeeGrunt

Scratch-building them would be a fun project. Could probably use Heavy Weapons Team parts for the Missile Launchers, and other techie wotzits to build the sentry bot carrying it.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.