News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

2k Tau MC list

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, December 08, 2013, 10:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeGrunt

It's an Initiative test with Deny the Witch, isn't it? No-one at my local plays Space Wolves, so I haven't ever encountered it.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

The Man They Call Jayne

No. It is simply a 6+ roll. If you have a psyker that is less powerful that the caster (lvl2 vs lvl3 for example) then it is a 5+, or a 4+ if your psyker is equal to or more powerful than the caster.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

CoffeeGrunt

Sorry, I meant that JotWW works off an Initiative test, but you get to DtW it.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Unusual Suspect

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on January 10, 2014, 12:12:58 PM

Because no one else has confirmed, it is indeed a line that forces initiative checks (or remove the model) if you fail the Deny the Witch roll.  Most units can be targeted, though I believe there are a few exceptions.  Monstrous Creatures can be targeted, but get +1 to their initiative for the check.
I you private dancer.

Chicop76

Quote from: Unusual Suspect on January 10, 2014, 03:59:14 PM
Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on January 10, 2014, 12:12:58 PM

Because no one else has confirmed, it is indeed a line that forces initiative checks (or remove the model) if you fail the Deny the Witch roll.  Most units can be targeted, though I believe there are a few exceptions.  Monstrous Creatures can be targeted, but get +1 to their initiative for the check.

That is correct,  so since you can field 4 max they can be devastating to low initiative monsters that have poor deny rolls.

The drop pod tactic is hard to stop and usually 2 can easily kill several riptides.

knightperson

Well done, UnusualSuspect. I was going to the same thing, but I would have used more words and not gotten the point across as clearly. Unless the Rune Priest has some warlord trait that mimics the IG's "get back in the fight", then no Jaws after he goes to ground.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.