News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Space Wolves/Marines - Using the Same Models

Started by Waaaghpower, January 16, 2014, 09:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Don't forget, its not unknown for Marines Chapters to act alongside other Chapters... I get that you want to use the mini's interchangably, but what's to say you don't use a whole different colour scheme, representing a different chapter?

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Chris on January 23, 2014, 12:09:25 PM
Don't forget, its not unknown for Marines Chapters to act alongside other Chapters... I get that you want to use the mini's interchangably, but what's to say you don't use a whole different colour scheme, representing a different chapter?
Mainly my fluff. The idea behind my homebrew chapter is that they were completely cut off from the Imperium shortly after the writing of the Codex Astartes and Second Founding. It took twelve centuries of fighting to just get in contact with an Imperial outpost again... Where they discovered that they had been branded as Heretics in their absense.
They don't follow Codex Astartes, train almost exclusively in live action, and win their battles at all cost. Certain companies subsribe to different tactics, but rather than in-fighting or argument, they just consider it a battlefield rivalry and try to one-up each other on the battlefield. Their resources have slowly been dwindling over the millenia, sticking to outposts far from humanity and trying to deflect the enemies who would seek them harm. Therefore, they can't afford to just paint up a new set of armor for a Company who fights differently.

I call 'em the Dragon's Claws.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.