News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

27th Inninskilling Astra Militarium Regiment [Update]

Started by Eagle eye, January 18, 2014, 12:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle eye

Hey this is what i have been doing recently and finally managed to get some pics done SO here they are

so yea any questions?

Narric

I'd mostly just ask for more and closer pictures. These group shots are great for displaying your collection, but if you would also like critism and advice, it is much more useful to us to have some close-ups to ogle ;)

That said, these are some good pieces so far.

My only really critique is that they seem a bit flat, as the Fatigues melt into the armour do to them being the same colour. A wash over all the red, then a fresh layer of a shade of Red on the armour would/could do wonders.

My other thought is this seems a little bit non-game legal, due to the dual Banners.

Is the Sentinal and Storm trooper minis yours also?

Eagle eye

Quote from: Narric on January 18, 2014, 03:00:51 PM

My only really critique is that they seem a bit flat, as the Fatigues melt into the armour do to them being the same colour. A wash over all the red, then a fresh layer of a shade of Red on the armour would/could do wonders.

yeah your right ill get right on that

My other thought is this seems a little bit non-game legal, due to the dual Banners.

I know dual banners are little bit non-game legal, i just thought it would be cool to have both banners representing the Regiment colours and the Kings "Emperors" Colours

yeah and they aren't storm troopers their kasrkin btw, the sentinal needs to get painted but I'm waiting till i finish up on a new squad of guardsmen soo i can mass spray them with gw's new paints which will speed everything up

I'd mostly just ask for more and closer pictures. These group shots are great for displaying your collection, but if you would also like critism and advice, it is much more useful to us to have some close-ups to ogle ;)

the camera i used wasn't mine and the guy who owns it had to leave very soon so no closeups

InsaneTD

If we can organise to catch up I can finally give you that phone. The camera on it is pretty good and most of the photos of my minis have been taken with it.

Eagle eye

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on January 21, 2014, 03:01:26 PM
If we can organise to catch up I can finally give you that phone. The camera on it is pretty good and most of the photos of my minis have been taken with it.

im at gw every thursday

InsaneTD

I might come down there tomorrow and try and get a game then. Might.

Eagle eye

hello here is what ive done since the last time i gave a update

ive got the first plotoon all completed

i didnt do some of the touch ups because i was litery going insnae

since this photo was taken ive dummed the red down mroe on this chimera too make it fit in with the rest of the army

the store manager hijacked my model and did that

Narric

Though not clean, its great to see a small army with consistant colours. I'd reckonment cleaning up areas whee the skin or armour have overlapped into the other (hands dye red and helmets painted with flesh). I can understand how maddening it can be to do so many touch-ups. Trust me, in the end the final result will be worth it, and you'll have a Guard army that will be feared, and against orks might be surprisingly fast ;)

I would also suggest adding a third colour. Red and Black/Grey is decent as primary army colours,but a third can help differentiate between different squads and positions. The old inclusion of gold is great as detail on the Aquilas.

Not sure what camera you're using, but I suggest using the highest resolution it offers, whilst pulling a bit further away. Its easier to crop out then is to fix and image that is too close. Make sure you're keeping your hands steadyas well, otherwise pictures like the Chimera are going to be very shaky.

Have you posted your Army List yet? Though i can make a few assumptions based on the picture, it would be great to see what you have included in your army so far, and what you are planning on adding.

Overall, looking pretty good, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

@Eagle eye, make sure that when you update a Project Log that you use your original Log. As it is your own Log, its perectly fine to Necro it, especially if you're adding new content. I've merged the two topics together for you this time. Thank you for contributing to the forum.
Narric Techna