News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Hive Fleet Cerberus

Started by Brassclaw, February 04, 2014, 07:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassclaw

Hey bugs fans,i have been collecting Tyranids since 2005 and my current swarm is current around 2000+ points. I started the collection during the hay days of the Godzilla nids lists, but with 5th edition came along my nids lost there edge. Now 6th edition is here, and monstrous creatures are back (sort of).

Here's the collection so far....

WHAT'S THERE?
1 Tyrannofex, 4 Carnifexs, 1 Hive Tyrant, 4 Zoanthropes, 16 Tyranid Warriors, 20 Genestealers
WHAT'S LEFT TO COLLECT?
2 Tyranid Warriors, 2 Zoanthropes and another Hive Tyrant

CURRENT PROJECT

Giving Flight to a Beast
So 6th edition for me has been all about the flyers. Previously, i ran a walking melee hive tyrant with tyrant guard for guard duty/counter charge for the dakkafexs. But now that flying MCs are pretty nifty, i thought it was time to give my tyrant wings. I also changed the role for melee beast, to shooty beast. His new role is to harass flyers and Infantry by shooting and vector striking them

Thantos

Looking great ;D Colour scheme looks like it would belong on an ice world!

Brassclaw

The Pains of Evolution
So another big change from 6th edition to 5th was the addition of Overwatch. The assault units took the hit and my warriors who weren't good to begin with really felt the pinch. So when the anew codex was released i was wishing for a change with warrior to make them better. But they basically remained the same, so what's a hive tyrant to do. I remember have a ton a deathspitters in my spare parts bid. So the great arm replacement begun. I also was able to build another warrior in my quest to find deathspitters and this is him.

Narric

Gun arms look a little out of place. :-\

And I must clarify its not the fact they're on the lower joint. XD

Brassclaw

Ah yeah, i assuming if you were going to play nids, you would do a tooth and claw army? Its a bit difficult to pull off now, but you can still do it. Melee Hive tyrant or Melee Tyranid Prime for HQ,  Melee Tyranids Warriors, Hormaguats, Rippers and Genestealers for Troops, Lictors, Zoanthropes, Venomthropes and Haruspexs for elites, Melee Shrikes, Sky Slashers, Spore Minds and melee raveners for fast attack, and Heavy support is Melee Carnifexs, Trygons, ands Mawlocs

There are some competitive elements in there, but maintaining the synapse web is the really issue. The fact that venomthropes lack synapse creature is a heart breaker.

If your comment was directed towards my warrior actual arms, i built him from the spare part bin, and the torso didn't have the cleanest arm breaks in the world.  :P