News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Unit 52 [OOC Thread]

Started by Narric, February 13, 2014, 07:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Sounds good :)

Will you guys be making up Codenames/Nicknames/ or any kind of name for your PCs?

I'll be adding them into my second post to act as a Character Record.

Waaaghpower

Okay, I'll go with the super-tank just for fun.
(As further clarification: A 6 with a grenade launcher would be 6 damage, a plasmagun would be 8, and a 6 with a meltagun would be 12 damage?)

I'll write my character sheet tonight.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

I'm in. How much non-combat equipment is there likely to be? By which I mean medkits, combat engineering and the like.

Name: Saracen Rue

Melee: 6
Shooting: 5
Strength: 6
Resilience: 5
Mental: 8

Saracen Rue is a fairly likable guy, and competent in combat and always calm and rational. His main skill appears to be an uncanny ability to know something relevant to whatever situation he finds himself in. Whether it's engine repair, interrogation, first aid or the fact that someone's sneaking up behind him with a handgun, he usually has some idea about it.

Narric

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 13, 2014, 11:13:17 PM
Okay, I'll go with the super-tank just for fun.
(As further clarification: A 6 with a grenade launcher would be 6 damage, a plasmagun would be 8, and a 6 with a meltagun would be 12 damage?)

I'll write my character sheet tonight.
Yes, Yes, No 10 ;)

Awesome. I've just copy/pasted you last stat, so I'll update when you're done ^_^

Quote from: Mabbz on February 13, 2014, 11:13:31 PM
I'm in. How much non-combat equipment is there likely to be? By which I mean medkits, combat engineering and the like.

Name: Saracen Rue

Melee: 6
Shooting: 5
Strength: 6

Saracen Rue is a fairly likable guy, and competent in combat and always calm and rational. His main skill appears to be an uncanny ability to know something relevant to whatever situation he finds himself in. Whether it's engine repair, interrogation, first aid or the fact that someone's sneaking up behind him with a handgun, he usually has some idea about it.
honestly hadn't considered Medi-kits. Define Combat Engineering? Becuase we could assume that you're equipped with it as standard. I just listed Weapons to be honest :P

Mabbz

Combat engineering would be things like opening locked doors (quietly), hacking turrets and cameras and stuff. I don't know what you have planned, so I don't know if these woulf be useful

Narric

That kind of stuff We shall assume you have shared amongst you. Unlocking doors uses the Mental stat, and so would Turrets and Cameras.

Anything that would require more specialized gear would probably need less advanced persuasion to work for you ;)

InsaneTD

I wouldn't mind jumping in if I can?

Black Wolf

Melee: 4
Ranged: 7
Strenght: 6

Black Wolf was a no nonsense Sergeant, a veteran of more heists, murders, gang fights and car chases then he cares to remember. When the hundred units were announced, he knew he shouldn't volunteer, being one of the few members on the force getting close to retirement age but he wanted to be part of the action.

Note: I don't want or am aiming for the leader role. This is just the Bio I wanted for my Character.

Narric

Nope, and I think that brings us to the max of 6 players :P

We do still need a Sergeant/Commander/Lead Figure in this. I'll leave that up to you guys, as you should have someone who wants to lead ;)

Waaaghpower

Mabbz has the highest Mental, tied with Tebalt, but since Tebalt doesn't want a leadership role I vote for Mabbz.

ALSO: I just noticed this, thought I should clarify. I was not clear at all, but I decided to just max out my Resilience. My stats should say 4 4 4 14 4.

InsaneTD

I'm good with Mabbz having it. Wait... this is the guy who always Tempts Fate. Maybe we should give it to Jayne instead. :P

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 14, 2014, 01:08:48 AM
Mabbz has the highest Mental, tied with Tebalt, but since Tebalt doesn't want a leadership role I vote for Mabbz.

ALSO: I just noticed this, thought I should clarify. I was not clear at all, but I decided to just max out my Resilience. My stats should say 4 4 4 14 4.
Quote from: Tybalt Defet on February 14, 2014, 02:59:55 AM
I'm good with Mabbz having it. Wait... this is the guy who always Tempts Fate. Maybe we should give it to Jayne instead. :P
I was kinda leaning my character towards being a good all rounder that could take charge, but generally isn't the leader because he's too laid back most of the time. He's more likely to be the second in command. If you want he can be the leader, but it wasn't really what I was going for.

Also, I will not promise to stop tempting fate.

Narric

The Mental stat hasnout to do with who should be the leader :P Its your charisma that should decide it ;)

I will point out that whoever becomes Team Leader gets the Energy Blade instead of the Combat Blade ;)

Also, Jayne wanted to call dibs on being Special Weapons guy with the Focused Heat Rifle. Anyone say nay to this?

Waaaghpower

What does an energy blade do, exactly?
And since Charisma isn't a stat... Meaning I'm not nescessarily bad at it...
I re-add my name to the drawing.
Then again, I still haven't finished my character and it's 3 AM.

Narric

The Energy Blade is +1 to your Strength for Melee Attacks, and 2-5 attacks per round. When Activated, the damage the target takes is doubled after damage calculation.

Waaaghpower

And how many attacks do you normally get every turn? (That could be really potent. Even with WS4...Er, Melee 4, that'll still usually get a hit or two and cause some hefty damage.)