News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

An amusing thought about Force Organization...

Started by Waaaghpower, February 19, 2014, 11:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilum

Good luck with it! To go back to Narric above, I could really ruin someone's night in 500pts with what I have, I think. (3 twin-scatter war walkers as the core element. Sheer weight of fire does for most things) But either 1) I want to play my buddies again or 2) it's not really much fun for me to go seal-clubbing. Quick ego boost but that's about it.

But to return to my other point, I can actually justify it. Min-size Jetbike or ranger squads as Troops, small hawk squad (for haywiring anything av13+, riskier but a bit more hideable than dragons) and a cheap jet Autarch and it sounds like a legitimate recon detachment. Those walkers won't magically be any more fun to face because of that though. It's not always intentional (someone who went Saim-Hann and mounted everything that wasn't a Jetbike in Serpents last edition because "no eldar walks" suddenly goes from a "committed fluff bunny" to "Cheesemongering Filth" online through no fault of the owner!) but it doesn't change that it IS a powerful force.

In short, as with so much, it's down to us. It's not so much that I want hard-coded restrictions, just... Most of us know when we're really being a tool about something. So don't (and not just for tabletop gaming either)
A prize from the My Little Warhorse story contest: http://gwarrior456.deviantart.com/art/Its-just-a-little-storm-430546453