News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Community Voted Contest - March

Started by Narric, February 10, 2014, 12:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose 1 Entry

Poorhammer
2 (20%)
Custom Posed Single Miniature
1 (10%)
Forgeworld or Game Expansion Miniatures
1 (10%)
Diorama
3 (30%)
Functional/Camo Paintscheme
2 (20%)
Scenario
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: February 24, 2014, 12:34:36 PM

Narric

Next Monthly Contest Community Vote!!

A few categories returning, but looks like interest has shifted a little. Six entries becuase, well, votes made things awkward :P

One thing I'd like to stress, and I'm sure someone will tell me off for this....
Can you please vote for a contest you believe you have an entry for, or at least can finish an entry for?
This is to avoid a contest being chosen that fewer people will actually enter.

Once the Voting has expired, this thread will then be used to finalize the rules for the chosen contest.

You may change your vote, as always, until the voting expires, so don't feel like you have to work on something until solely for the contest you chose ;)

Get voting :P

Hive Lord

I will always vote for Poorhammer. And I will always enter. And so should everyone else.

InsaneTD

I'm tempted by Diorama, but want more time. :P But I also want to build something new so Poor Hammer is also something I would go for. I can't decide which. :P

Narric

Voting has closed, and the result is diorama!!

Are there any unique rules for this contest that we want to agree on?

I'm thinking the following would be good:
  • The Diorama may depict any combat between forces from the same Game-system
  • The models do not need to be Game-legal.
  • Up to three pictures may be submitted for the entry. You are limited to 800 x 600 pixels for picture dimensions. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you're not used to picture editing.
  • Depending on numbers, Voting may be split in Master and Novice tiers.
  • All Models must be fully Painted.

Anybody have suggestions and/or agree with the above?

The Allfather

Does it have to be combat? I have something, but they're not fighting. :P

Narric

Quote from: The Allfather on February 25, 2014, 01:56:01 PM
Does it have to be combat? I have something, but they're not fighting. :P
Am I going to have to disallow Slaanesh harems for this :shifty:

But yeah, It doesn't have to be combat, I just assumed that first as I don't see many Wargaming non-combat Dioramas. I would need some suggestions to re-write that first rule.

The Allfather

Dammit! :P

No, I get it. I just don't know how to rephrase it. Maybe I can plop a severed head down somewhere to show that the combat already took place...

CoffeeGrunt

I remember a fantastic diorama-in-progress of a Tau Fire Warrior team camping around a Devilfish, with them relaxing, standing sentry, barbecuing over a fire, etc, etc. At a bitz bash competition we had as well, someone won with a great, little diorama of a Space Marine and an Ork playing draughts, with the Ork looking suitably stumped.

I think non-combat dioramas can have some real humour and character appeal beyond "dude fights dude." I also think you should open it up to any participant vs any. I mean, who wouldn't want to see a Space Marine sparring with an Ogre or Cave Troll, or a Harlequin dodging a clumsy Carnosaur?
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

And the Rules thread is up.

Feel three to lynch me there about rules for the contest :P