News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Space Marine Scouts

Started by Narric, February 22, 2014, 02:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel them most often with?

Boltguns
0 (0%)
Boltguns with Camo Cloaks
0 (0%)
Pistol & Close Combat Weapon
0 (0%)
Pistol & CCW with Camo Cloak
0 (0%)
Shotgun
0 (0%)
Shotgun with Camo Cloak
1 (14.3%)
Sniper Rifle
0 (0%)
Sniper Rifle with Camo Cloak
6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Narric

This is mostly to see the most common Scout Squad equipment loadout.

My personal Prefference often ends up being Shotgun with Camo Cloak. Plenty of shots on the move (provided targets are close enough) and some bonus to any cover you may recieve. It does rely a bit heavily on winning the first charge, and excluding Heavy Bolter or Missile Launcher, it doesn't have anything to take out higher Toughness taregts.

For the Heavy Weapon, I find the Heavy Bolter complements my loadout, and the Missile Launcher is best for Sniper Scouts.

What does everybody else do with their Scouts?

And no Pedo-Telion jokes, if you please.

Charistoph

No Scouts, only Neophytes.  2/3 mix of Shotguns and BP/CCW for Knight Crusader squads and all Boltguns for Archer Crusader Squads.

For those Neophytes in their final exam Sniper Rifle, Missile Launcher, and Camo Cloaks.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Chris

I don't actually tend to run scouts, I've just had much better luck with the humble Tactical squad. But on the odd occassion that I have, I used sniper and camo cloacks (just because that's the minis I have)
They have been suprisingly useless. Castle them up either on an objective or some deep cover and pop away at the enemy. Mind you, I've not used them in 6th at all...

Archon Sharrek

When I run them, which is few and far between, I run them as a full 10-man unit with cloaks and sniper rifles for precision shot shenanigans, or for nailing high-toughness things that my Deathwing can't reach. Stick em in some good LOS cover and start shooting some poor squad special weapons carriers. Had a wonderful game where they landed 3-4 precision shots a turn against the Devastators that were melting my Deathwing with their Plasma Cannons.

My brother tends to employ them in a Land Speeder Storm with Telion and armed with bolters/bolt pistols and CC weapons and charges them as fast as possible at my fire warriors. Sometimes they live and manage to assault them, where they wreak face.
Taking the theme of Tau and Dark Eldar allies, and having fun with it.

"That's EVIL EMPEROR ZURGIE-BABY, TO YOU!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

"Jim-cracking Dandy!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

Arguleon-veq

5 Scouts with Sniper Rifles and Camo cloaks are one of the best cheap scoring units in the game in my opinion.

Sniper Rifles are great for dealing with a lot of the big monsters out there and the unit is very durable [so long as your not playing against Wave Serpents or Markerlights :p].

That's the only way Ive ran scouts for a long time.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Narric

Seems many go for back-field sitting with their Scouts. Am I really the only person that plays them agressively with Camo Cloaks? Admitantly the bonus to cover didn't help in my last game, but I was playing against a large amount of MLs.