News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Garry - The Terminator Captain / Chapter Master

Started by Chris, February 22, 2014, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hey guys, so I got my special character done up for the painting comp, but that didn't go ahead in the end.
Might as well post up a few snaps..

Generally I'm pleased with this fella, The red and white circle on his left peck will correlate with his cloak when I get round to doing that, but for now I consider him finished... Pretty chuffing in general actually.

Thoughts?
p.s. Just for Tom, I tried lightening my red. Better? :p

Thantos

Nice mini ;D You certainly have a good collection of FW parts! Id be tempted to do a lighter edge highlight to pick out the details?
And +1 Bonus Karma for the great mini!

The Allfather

Tom

I was just thinking that the red looked lighter before I read the last part of your post! I the dark armour is looking improved too, I'm starting to really enjoy your unusual colour scheme. What rules are you going to use to play him as a special character? And what's his backstory? Is this Aquillion Tauros?

Chris

Hey this guy will be Aquilluon, I'll probably just run him as a chapter master (maybe a captain as the CM's are too expensive).

Thanks for all the kind words, I was toying the idea of a slightly brighter edge highlight, but anything short of mixing colours an I'm out at the moment. I would be able to get a consistent enough colour to risk that yet...
Thanks again!

Chris

So I finished all my academic work for the year and got bored. So i picked up my paint brush and grew a pair of balls. This led me try painting fabric, my worst nightmare...
In other words, Aquillion now has a cloak! Check him out!
Here are a few shots, I'll try and get a few more as some uploads failed...

Over all, I think it has vastly improved the mini. I'm actually pleased with it too!

Narric

Chris

Thanks! Although I have just seen the white in the last pic has spread on onto the red... I hate looking at photo's of my work, it show all the flaws! :p