News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dreamforge Games - Infantry and Leviathans

Started by Narric, March 01, 2014, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Stumbled upon this looking for custom servo skulls.

They're basically Evil and Good versions of a Dreadknight, and I'd bet they'd make excellent stand-ins.

In adition, the infantry models from the same store look pretty damn cool:

One thing that is difficulty to pin down is whether the kits are Plastic or Resin. For $18/£12 for a squad of 10 1/56 scale minis, I'd reckon it is Plastic.

All in all, the stuff from Dreamforge Games looks pretty awesome, and I recon for those in the States, possibly a cheaper alternative to GW?

Chris

Ohhhh, those big fella's look purdy!

Are the definately Dreadknight scale? The second one looks almost identical to the new Knight mini, perhaps usable as a cheaper stand in if its tall enough...

Otherwise we might have just found a solution to the baby harness issues.

Narric

Here is the full product desacription for you to ogle over:
Quote28mm (1/56) scale. 8.5 inches tall when fully assembled.

Designed to allow the modeler to customize the final pose of the assembled kit.

The arms can remain movable even after the kit has been assembled.

Twist off arms. This feature will allow you to remove the arms for easy transport and quickly install optional weapon arms.

The Crusader comes armed with a right handed Vulkan Cannon and a left handed Plasma Sword.

This kit also contains upgrades armor plates on the arms and legs as well as a defensive Repulse Shield generator.

The Crusader was developed to fill a need for a more heavily armored Leviathan. What was produced is widely regarded as the finest design possible. The Crusader holds the distinction of being the most widely produced Leviathan in existence.

I've had a look over the "Chaos" Leviathan, and good lord!!!
1. It has so many parts that can be left mobile.
2. There are fucking SCREWS!!! in these kits.

Ooh, and picture that could be used for scale? Description states its the 15mm scale model next to a 28mm Infantry model, but the 15mm is supposedly only 4.6" tall, whilst the 28mm is 8.5" tall.

Fhanados

I thought that Dreamforge stopped manufacturing the Mortis (evil skully one) a while back? If it's back in production I gotta nab me one!

Narric

Its currently only listed as out of stock, and is still on the product list.

Ooh, looky what I found on the site (dude on left):

And for laughs:
http://dreamforge-games.blogspot.com/2014/02/poll-dreamforge-leviathan-or-games.html

Oh, and a picture of a WIP Leviathan here:
https://www.facebook.com/170122359762854/photos/pb.170122359762854.-2207520000.1393932905./309990895775999/?type=3&theater

Seems the 56mm scale model is a little too large to be a stand-in for the Dreadnkight.

CoffeeGrunt

Damn. Shame their shipping to the UK is reportedly expensive as hell. The Eisenkern look cool, after a little kitbashing I reckon I could find a use for them...
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

If you think about it, the shipping is probably comparable to a large kit being sent from GW to America or Australia, so we brits can hardly complain ;) :P

Thantos

If anyone wants, i can pull a few strings and get stuff from dreamforge at 30 - 40% discount for you. Charge UK shipping of a few quid.

CoffeeGrunt

Wow...yeah. If you could do that, it'd be pretty awesome!

Chris

Quote from: Thantos on March 04, 2014, 02:10:55 PM
If anyone wants, i can pull a few strings and get stuff from dreamforge at 30 - 40% discount for you. Charge UK shipping of a few quid.

YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES...
I can't guarentee I'd buy anything, but it would be nice to have the option to do so...

Narric

I would be interested in getting one. Be depending on the GF allowing me, but I'd definately want one :P

Narric

I have only heard of a handful of those stores :P

Thantos

That'll keep you out scouting for a while then ;)

CoffeeGrunt

Burned through that list, and no-one does anything Tau-ish. D':