News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

My Next Force - Dark Angels (1750pt)

Started by Restayvien, March 24, 2014, 01:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Restayvien

The Dark Angels have been among my favourite Chapters for a long time now, but I never got around to collecting them. Reading "Angels of Darkness" a couple of years ago renewed by interest, and finally seeing the Dark Vengeance box has convinced me to take up my bolter once again...

I love the Ravenwing models, but didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to include some Termies and robed Marines (plus, DV is a mixed bag). I'm toying with the idea of removing Sammael, but I think that will prevent me fielding the number of bikes I want in a force of this size.

I've re-jigged this list so many times over the past week that the points might be a bit out. I need to go through the list again and recalculate (unless someone here feels inclined to do so)!  :P Comments are welcome...bear in mind that I don't want to waste too many of the models in the DV box - I'm already eschewing the two HQ models.

HQ
•   Sammael
•   Ravenwing Command Squad with Ravenwing Grenade Launcher, Ravenwing Apothecary, Ravenwing Champion,
•   Interrogator Chaplain with Terminator Armour
•   Deathwing Command Squad with Deathwing Champion, Deathwing Apothecary, Lightning Claws x1, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, Chainfist

TROOPS
•   10 Tactical Marines with Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Veteran Sergeant, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs
•   3 Ravenwing Bikers with 2 Meltaguns, Combi-melta, Attack Bike with Multi-melta
•   3 Ravenwing Bikers with Attack Bike
•   Ravenwing Support Squadron with two Land Speeders,  one Typhoon Pattern and one Tornado Pattern with Assault Cannon

FAST ATTACK
•   6 Ravenwing Black Knights with 2 Ravenwing Grenade Launchers
•   Ravenwing Darkshroud with Assault Cannon

TACTICS

• Sammael, his Ravenwing Command Squad and the Black Knights will form the spearhead, backed up by the Tornado Pattern Landspeeder, and three Ravenwing Bikers with attack bike for added weight of fire. The Darkshroud will accompany them to increase their resilience.
  • They will deliver the Interrogator Chaplain and his Deathwing Command Squad into the heart of the enemy force.
  • The tactical marines will split into combat squads. One containing the Plasma Cannon, the other containing the Plasma Gun and the VetSgt. The Plasma Cannon will sit in cover providing covering fire and the other combat squad will go for an objective, seek out enemy stragglers/infiltrators or light armour. Hopefully the enemy will be too concerned about the spearhead to bother with the smaller combat squads.
  • The melta-bikers fulfill a clear anti-armour role and will target the biggest meanest enemy vehicles/creatures or heavy infantry.
  • The Landspeeder Typhoon will hold back (possibly near the Plasma Cannon) providing long-range support, orif that's not viable then advance with the Spearhead under the cover of the Darkshroud.