News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Can Vespids use transport tanks?

Started by Pottsey, June 01, 2012, 07:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pottsey

This is most likely a bad idea but I am looking to do something a little different and fun for a few friendly games. Can Vespid use tanks? I was thinking about using 1 or 2 Pathfinders with rail rifles to guard my deployment zone starting outside the tank or getting out in the scout move. Then turn 1 the Vespid

El ShasOcho

They cannot. Jump infantry may not use transports unless it directly states they can in the transport entry. You also cannot assault out of a devilfish as it is neither open topped or an assault vehicle.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Pottsey

Thanks for the advice. I guess is doesn

El ShasOcho

The thing about landspeeders is complete shinanigans. He made that up, there is no such rule.

I am pretty sure you can never assault out of tanks unless they are opentopped/assault vehicles. I would have to double check when the tank doesn't move, but Im pretty sure.

Mabbz

Quote from: Brother Perturabo on June 01, 2012, 11:30:08 AM
They cannot. Jump infantry may not use transports unless it directly states they can in the transport entry. You also cannot assault out of a devilfish as it is neither open topped or an assault vehicle.
Quote from: Pottsey on June 01, 2012, 11:55:49 AM
Thanks for the advice. I guess is doesn

El ShasOcho

That did seem right after I thought about it. I just have never done that, I also slightly misread his first post. The landspeeder thing is complete BS, I know that for sure. Can't say about 4th, but 5th its completely wrong.

Railgun Convention

Landspeeders simply aren't open topped, even though they really should be. End of.

They should, however, be reaaaally vulnerable to sniper weapons :P
So how many crashes have I survived now?

InsaneTD

Not sure where the thing about power armour making things not count as opentopped came from. I think it might have been a 3rd ed rule cause I remember checking on that several times in 4th and could find mention anywhere. It was normally when someone shot out of a rhino top hatch I'd hear it.

Carrelio

In the old Daemonhunter's codex, the rule for rhinos was that the vehicle counted as being open topped unless it was transporting units in power armour.  I assume that is where the idea of closed top landspeeders came from.

Alpha_Wolf

not sure about land speeders, but I remember my friend's chaos dex says that rhinos have a top hatch, but do not count as open topped because of the power armor.
Quote from:  H.P. LovecraftThat is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange strange aeons even death may die.
Keep this in mind, mortal fools, the Hive Mind can wait forever.