News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Long load times

Started by BigToof, April 02, 2014, 01:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Hi All,
Is it just me or has anyone noticed longer than average load times on 2S?
Where pages used to come up within a few seconds, I've noticed that it takes up to a minute or more at times.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

CoffeeGrunt

2S has always had very noticeable load times for me. I just figured it was the site, as it's the only site I get any noticeable load times at all.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Irisado

Intermittently, yes.  So far as I am aware, this is related to the server having hiccups for various different reasons.  I'm sure that Sorck can provide a more technical explanation though :D.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Narric

I only assumed it was my own connection, rather then anything server end.

Now that I think about it, hasn't it been happening since we got server moved?

InsaneTD

That's odd. Load times have been the quickest for me for a while. Do we know where the server was moved too?

The Man They Call Jayne

Yeah my load time is a matter of seconds, pretty quick by all accounts.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

Ok, I'm getting really long load times now. More then just a couple minutes too.

CoffeeGrunt

The site now hangs up for me a lot in the last couple of days, and when it does load it's achingly slow.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

The Allfather

Seems to be loading normally for me...

Mabbz

I'm having problems too. It's intermittent; sometimes it takes ten seconds to load a page, somtimes five minutes and sometimes it fails to load at all. I've had all three of those happen for the same page in the space of half an hour.

InsaneTD

It's been doing it for the last four hours. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we share this server with a rather busy site.