News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Tau House Rules

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, April 27, 2014, 11:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

How do you justify an Ogryn being able to shrug off a Lascannon? Because he is really really fat? No. If you fire anti vehicle firepower at an infantry unit it should die.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on April 28, 2014, 06:40:11 PM
How do you justify an Ogryn being able to shrug off a Lascannon? Because he is really really fat? No. If you fire anti vehicle firepower at an infantry unit it should die.
How do I justify it? I don't. But while stupidity inevitably breeds stupidity, it should still be fought and resisted rather than embraced and folded into other codices. So I really don't think Crisis suits should be immune to ID or made T5. They're fine as they are. Tyranids can potentially have their entire Synapse web cut in a single turn, but I'm not campaigning to bring back their immunity to S8 instagib.

Also, with Ogryns I think the reason they're T5 is more to do with exceptionally tough skin rather than "just being fat" and also have a higher than normal pain threshold, whereas the Crisis suit's pilot is still a normal firewarrior, with all the vulnerabilities thereof. Hence the T4, rather than T5.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Which is why I don't want T5 on the normal Crisis Suits, because they shouldn't be that tough. Hazards yes, Broadsides, situationally. Crisis suits are meant to be faster and more mobile weapon platforms.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Yes, I know you weren't pushing for T5, but immunity to ID has been proven to be a bloody stupid idea, even with fluff justification. If that were the case, ANY character in Terminator Armour would be immune to Instant Death. Like I said, they tried it with Tyranids and it went stupid, because then Necrons got it too etc and it just went bloody daft. So no, I really don't see any justification for it.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http