News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Coming Soon? 40k 7th Edition

Started by Narric, April 28, 2014, 11:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

The new allies matrix is below. They've really cut down on the co-operation; the only battle brothers are all Imperial armies with each other, Eldar with Dark Eldar and Chaos Marines with Daemons. I'm not entirely pleased that IG are just as inflexible as the rest of the Imperium, since there was plenty of scope for fluffy lists like chaos guard that are now impossible, but at least this should cut down on the more cheesy alliances.

Spoiler

The Man They Call Jayne

I dont see what was wrong with the old matrix.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 21, 2014, 02:32:57 AM
I dont see what was wrong with the old matrix.
Personally, I always thought Necrons allying with anyone was not very fluffy. I think one problem was some factions were akin to the town bycycle, especially when you consider armies like guard having pretty much what everyone wants (anti-flyer from the Basilisk, and access to plenty of big guns)

In terms of veriety, I feel this new matrix is going to choke a fair number of people who go for fluffy or interesting lists.

That said, you could technically just go for an Unbound army if you really want to field an army exactly how you want.

The Man They Call Jayne

New Necrons worked liked that though. They would ally with almost anyone if it brought them closer to their own ends. Old Necrons it would have been silly.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

CoffeeGrunt

Quoteanti-flyer from the Basilisk

I'm going to assume you meant the Vendetta gunship, because Basilisks can't even hit Fliers.

Also, I was building a Gue'vesa regiment that would have been a hybrid Tau/Guard list representing tiers within the Gue'vesa hierarchy, but now that's just not possible without everyone attacking each other. Thanks GW, I'll just stop buying more Guard now...
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Charistoph

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 21, 2014, 09:48:39 AM
New Necrons worked liked that though. They would ally with almost anyone if it brought them closer to their own ends. Old Necrons it would have been silly.

Or just use Mindshackle Scarabs as a reason...

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on May 21, 2014, 03:13:07 PM
Quoteanti-flyer from the Basilisk

I'm going to assume you meant the Vendetta gunship, because Basilisks can't even hit Fliers.

Or Hydra...

Still, Guard were one of the best ones to have Ally with anyone mostly due to the number of Traitor and Chaos Regiments in the fluff being backed by Chaos or Xenos.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

CoffeeGrunt

Taking a Hydra for anti-air? Pffffffff. :P

Also lumping all the disparate factions of the Imperium together feels lazy. Within the Imperium, not everyone is SBFFs with all the other departments, Space Wolves and Inquisition are AoC at best.

Scoutfox

Annoying that to play my almost finished traitor guard army I have to play unbound now. Not sure why they got rid of that alliance, since there is so much fluff behind it.

CoffeeGrunt

Unbound still uses Ally rules for interactions, so a Traitor Guard army will start shooting itself and tear itself apart.

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

To me, this feels like GW is imposing a bi-annual subscription fee for people who wish to continue playing the hobby. Eventually they're just not going to let veterans play the game anymore whatsoever! :P
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Mabbz

So, has anyone had a look through the new book yet? What's changed that we didn't already know about?

Scoutfox

I don't have the book yet but on BOLS someone said the restrictions to Apoc allies is that they have to deploy 12" apart. I could put my daemons far away from the guardsman. That or I could take a bunch of psyker s and summon my daemons.

Narric

Sorck

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-40k-Dark-Vengeance

Isn't it a little odd that GW are still selling Dark Vengeance with the old rulebook in it?

Charistoph

Quote from: Sorck on May 28, 2014, 12:15:03 PM
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-40k-Dark-Vengeance

Isn't it a little odd that GW are still selling Dark Vengeance with the old rulebook in it?

One rumor is that the mini-rulebook will be/has been changed instead of creating a whole new set.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."