News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

'New' Flags Not Clearing from Old Topics

Started by Irisado, November 10, 2015, 10:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisado

I've noticed that it's not possible for me to remove 'new' from some topics posted in 2012 regardless of whether I read them, mark them as read, or mark all messages as having been read across the forum.  For example, the last three topics in the Introductions Board have new flags which will not clear.

Can anything be done to fix this?  Or is it a permanent leftover from all the glitches and database crashes that happened from around that time?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Narric

I seem to not have the issue :-\ Could it be browser side?

Irisado

It's not browser related.  I've tested it just now in IE (I normally use Firefox).  I seem to remember that this problem occurred with my original account (which was deleted in the database crash of 2012) too, so I think that it's something to do with that time period in the software.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Sorck

Next time I have some free time I'll try and dig around the database to see where the problem is.

It's possible that SMF isn't dealing with casual database corruption as well as it could do. Though that's probably more the fault of the database.

Mabbz

So you don't think this is a one off, I will point out that I have the same problem.

Sorck

Yes, I've identified the issue on the same threads that Irisado mentioned.

I'm not fully familiar with how the unread topic code works so it'll take me a little digging to find the solution.