News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Mass Effect: The Council RPG (Roleplay)

Started by Rarity Declis, June 01, 2012, 09:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will's on Fire

"So are you saying that they are coming with the intention of attacking Thessia, and bringing down the council? Not for a chat?
"If that is the case, do you know at least a rough estimate of numbers? The Quarians will not risk their entire fleet if there is no chance of success. Especially as we feel we are in the dark as to what we are fighting against."

ZaFira paused.

"First it was Rachni, now it appears to be Turians and Krogan. The krogan are possibly the most warlike race in the galaxy. We Quarians do not wish to meet them head on. The Turians, are possibly the best equipped, again, not something we wish to meet head on. It is not the sort of fight we could win. Thank you for your efforts spectre, we need more like you."

ZaFira turned to face the matriarch.

"Asari, have you any plans on how to defend your homeworld. Should I be deploying my forces onto the ground or are we intending to fight them in space? In space, I believe my ships are best deployed as a counter push, they are not capable of taking the brunt of an attack."

Rarity Declis

"Councillor Athame, my suggestions on the war..."

Maria tapped into her omni-tool, bringing up a map of the Thessia system.

"There are three planetary bodies that they'll have to take before they can launch a realistic attempt on attacking Thessia. Lucen, an asteroid, Piares the third planet in the system and the moons of Janiri." The holo-map glowed with the three bodies closest to Thessia and the Mass Relay.

"To do otherwise would risk allowing Council Forces to close behind them and block their escape route. The war for Thessia can be won here, Council, before a single shot is fired on Thessia. It will require both fleet and ground forces."

Maria turned to answer the Quarian.

"The Turian race is the best equipped, Quarian, there you are not wrong. However, these are mercenaries. There are not like our forces- they're hoping for a quick victory before the Council can respond. A stiff resistance should have them deciding their life is not worth the money. We just need to hold for long enough, and make them pay hard enough. Your Fleets easily can outfight them."

Maria tapped on her omni-tool. "However, the ground forces are... considerable, to be honest. Krogan, Turians and a smattering of Batarians... This isn't a Fleet designed to win the system, it's a raiding force, and the largest one yet encountered. I cannot imagine what they want on Thessia. Slaves, perhaps? You want numbers?"

A few more taps on the omni-tool.

"Perhaps 300,000 infantry can hold them on each planet? I'd also suggest a further 400,000 soldiers ready to act as reinforcements where needed. Finally, you need a general. I leave tonight with whatever forces I have."

She walked away slightly, before turning back to the Council. "Suggest your people. Consider this defense a chance for me to test who has the mettle to join the Spectres. I'll come back with some suggestions about who has it."

With that, Maria left the Council to their talking. She had preparations to do.

The Man They Call Jayne

"We shall do what we can to pick off their capital ships in space, with their biggest guns gone they may lose their mettle and abandon the fight. The Asari Armies will be deployed on the ground, everthing we have."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Will's on Fire

"Matriarch are we intending to give ground and make Thessia our single point of defence or are we going to spread across more places? I personally believe we should try and hit them before they are able to land. With everything we have. Aim for their big ships, fly fast and fly true. I fear we may struggle to secure the manpower to put together forces large enough to hold off their ground attack. The Quarians do not have enough troops to hold a single planet if the Spectres guesses are true."

ZaFira faced the rest of the council. "If this is true, we can no longer hope to hold on two fronts, we must break this first fleet here and now. Between myself, the Geth and the Asari I fear we may not have the manpower to stop them. The tactic of taking their flagship out as early as possible is a good one, however we must break this fleet and make it scatter. We can hope that in doing so, we send a message to this second fleet, the larger one, that we are not to be messed with. This might help dissuade some of the mercenaries they are using from being a part of a second assault."

"Another tactic, if they are coming through the mass relays will we be able to hit them as soon as they come through, this may allow for their fleets to be broken before their entire might be brought to bear. Hopefully keeping them completely off Thessia. I will deploy my ground troops to the planet nearest the Mass Relay. Realistically I will need another 100,000 to back me up on that planet. Hopefully this can keep them off Thessia entirely."

Vyper

'I wish I could send aid to your combined fleet, but if we all turn to face these Mercenaries, the Rachni will be free to move where ever they wish.'

The Illusive Man looked over a data slate that he had in front of him.

'If the council is willing to part with 300,000 credits, I can have a Battlecruiser designed for the sole purpose of killing Rachni ready to lead the attacks. It may seem a large amount of money now, but the long term benefits of getting an early advantage are huge.'

The Man They Call Jayne

Over 350'000 dead. . .it was devestating. The Matriarch read the reports as they came in, and her head fell, she wept silently in her chambers. Such loss of life. . .

She reached over to the communications array and made contact with Thessia.

"Get the head of R&D. Tell him. . .tell him he has a green light."

She was the face of her entire race, and she would not let this happen again.

Will's on Fire

"That is truly devastating losses, we were more fortunate however we also suffered losses. We thank you for the ships, they have been indoctrinated into the Quarian fleet and they can now be used to take the fight to their fleet and break them once more."

"However there are several problems that arose from this battle. Firstly we felt weaker than usual, unable to punch the hole that we should be capable of. This concerns us. Secondly is with our destroyers that were destroyed, there appears to be a problem with the shielding. We are looking into it, but our Admiral immediately felt something went wrong. "

"Finally we would like to say that we are glad to be part of a great victory in space, and a solid defence on the ground. We are honoured to aid your council, and be given both neutral race status and the ability to try and give a go to the cohabitation of the Geth and Quarian races on Rannoch, as was once the case."

Mabbz

"In responce to the high casualties in the ground war, the Geth are preparing to bring in additional platforms." The Geth turned to admiral ZaFira. "The Geth look forward to starting negotiations regarding Rannoch. However we feel that the talks should wait until after the situation at Thessia is resolved, so that we can assess the damage to our respectitive fleets and determine how they affect the logistics of sharing the planet."

The Man They Call Jayne

The Matriarch entered the council room where the others were discussing what had happened. The greif on her face was still apparent, but it was now tempered with a tranquility that belied the true rage beneath.

"These mercinaries, these. . .Krogan. . .I want to know who paid them, who told them to attack Thessia. I want Maria to find this information as quickly as possible and report back. Once we have this information I will gather a fleet and exterminate them. Wipe them and their legacy from the stars. As of this moment I am placing all Asari worlds under a state of emergency, and once we find out who the paymasters are, we will declare war on them."

"I ask none of you to join us on this venture. Although you will not be stopped if you wish to do so. The Asari have not been a warlike race for over a thousand years. These people are about to see why they should have left us that way."

Rarity Declis

Turn 3:

The fires over Janiri continue to burn, the Quarians being the main force holding the moons so the Asari remain protected. The Krogan were a true warrior race, and slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Asari. On Thessia, and across the galaxy, many mourned for dead relatives, friends, lovers and the wound to the Asari race. Despite this, there was a fire starting to spark. The Asari were not a race for forgetting- their long lives made sure of that.

Meanwhile, the Geth and Cerberus hold back the Rachni, losing ships and bleeding slowly. Worse, this isn't the entire threat, and the Council must prepare.

Spectre Maria has withdrawn to the Citadel to take command of the newly made Citadel First Fleet.

Spectre Maria walks into the Council room, and bows, awaiting orders or questions, and keeping silent otherwise.

Mabbz

"The mercenary fleet is being dealt with, and victory - however costly - should come soon. Until we are able to identify the ones responsible for the attack on the Asari, we should continue preparing to fight the Rachni. Once the mercenaries are defeated, the Geth fleet at Thessia will join up with our other fleet at Hades Gamma, to continue the battle with the Rachni."

The Man They Call Jayne

"I can assure you that once the threat to Thessia has been eradicated you will have the full backing and support of all Asari military assets in dealing with the Rachni. Our forces may be depleted, but we will rebuild as rapidly as we can. We have new ships under construction as it is and they shall be first into the fray."

Will's on Fire

"We should be able to send some aid in the form of our first fleet to aid you with holding back the Rachni once we are done here. Hopefully we shall have some improved weapons on our strongest ships to really pack a punch into their fleets."

Vyper

'The Anti-Rachni vessel has been constructed and will make its way to rendevous with the remnants of Taskforce 1. If I can, I will send additional ships to support it.'

Rarity Declis

Maria tapped into her omni-tool. "What of the Council 1st Fleet? I am ready to be deployed wherever needed."

She also brought up two figures in holograms. Both were Asari, one in military plate, one in basic robes. She waved a hand towards them. "These are Spectre-Candidates put forwards by the Matriarch Athame. We must discuss them."

"The one in military armour is called T'Sunde, who commanded the foot armies on Janiri. Whilst it was a terrible loss to the Asari, many Quarians lived and the moons are still held. How else shall we test her to prove her worth? Should she remain in command? I cannot be everywhere at once, Councillers."

"Also here is Candidate Haruki. She managed to sneak about the Mercenary Fleet and perform some duties. Not only that, but she also managed to find some files suggesting the second mercenary fleet will be arriving in a few months, but with a fleet much larger than this, and with intent to attack the Citadel. She has done well, but I would advise giving her at least another task before raising her to Spectre."