News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Preferred Enemy and Gets Hot! Tank Hunter and Rending.

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, May 09, 2014, 02:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

How do these rules interact?

I fire a Plasma Cannon and roll a 1 for my Gets Hot! test. I have Preferred Enemy. Can I reroll that 1, because it isn't a Roll to Hit.

I fire an Assault Cannon at AV14. I have Tank hunter. If I fail to get the 6 to Rend that I need, can I reroll it? Because even with a 6, I cannot penetrate, but I need to get the 6 to unlock the extra Rend damage. If I CAN do that, can I also re-roll the Rend Roll as THAT is what is penetrating the Armour.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

CoffeeGrunt

Read the rule for Gets Hot, it basically says that anything that lets you reroll 1s lets you reroll Gets Hot.

Pask doesn't have Tank Hunters, so this comes down to the wording of the rule. If it says that you re-roll failed Penetration rolls, then you will need to roll a 6 then immediately roll the extra D3, as both are considered to be the same shot. You may reroll this if you fail, but you have to reroll the initial 6first...
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

The Man They Call Jayne

So if I fail to pen on the d3, I need to see if I can even get the rend again? Ouch.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

CoffeeGrunt

It's a vague area of the ruling. Some play it where you roll 6s then reroll, then roll the rends with rerolls. This makes the ability much more powerful.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.