News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

1250 Tau 'Unbound' 2 v 2 Tournament

Started by Kur'os, June 02, 2014, 05:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kur'os

Greetings all,

Later this month, my local club is hosting a 2 v 2 tournament with our sister club from the next state over.  1250 points, all 7th ed rules, random partners taken from the other club.

I've two lists in mind, both somewhat silly but capable of potent support. 

Firstly, my obviously Unbound Tau list:
Spoiler

XV-8 Crisis Commander - 170pts
Seismic Fibrillator Node, Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector

XV-88 Broadside – 84pts
Shas'Vre, Twin-linked Heavy Rail Rifle, Twin-linked Plasma Rifle, Advanced Targeting System, Bonding Knife Ritual

DX-6 Remora Stealth Drone - 90pts
Networked Markerlight, Twin-linked Long-barrelled Burst Cannon, Seeker Missile x2

DX-6 Remora Stealth Drone - 90pts
Networked Markerlight, Twin-linked Long-barrelled Burst Cannon, Seeker Missile x2

Warhound Titan - 720pts
Double-barrelled Turbo-laser Destructor, Vulcan Mega-bolter

Total = 1154pts

That leaves me with 96 points to play with.  I'm considering an Aegis Defense Line or Bastion w/ Comms Relay to ensure the Remora are timely, but am hesitant in that I don't have a suitable Tau ADL or Bastion built yet...

The idea is that my Warhound (proxied with my CHS Man of War) will remove threats to my partner's units, be they vehicles or infantry, and generally draw attention. 

My XV-88 and XV-8 are there because I'll always field my 'command' Broadside and his 'uber shield drone.' (even more so now that they are scoring!)  The Remora will be unaffected by the Tau-Dub step (IE Seismic Fibrillator Node), mark targets for my XV-88, harass infantry / light vehicles, and grab objectives late game.

Thoughts and inputs are welcome and appreciated.  ^ ^

I'll drop my other list in the 'Enemies of the Imperium' section soon, as it's a equally silly Necron list.  ^ ^

-Kur'os