News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Von'Ta Cadre: Project Log

Started by CoffeeGrunt, December 17, 2013, 02:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeGrunt

For example, I played it against Dark Eldar, and it killed 8 Incubi on its first volley, followed by several Kabailtes. It posed such a threat that he diverted his Ravager to kill it, but it only shot one of the guns off.

I also managed to get a little time Sunday and Monday to finish my Wyvern and get the Banewolf painted. I'll get pics of the Wyvern with the last few details up soon, for now the WIP Banewolf. Metallics are mostly done, just the main body needs a couple of coats before weathering, washing and highlighting are done:

The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

How good is that Wyvern against MEq or TEq?

the turret looks a bit off. I think its slanted slightly. :-\

Looking good so far anyway ;)

CoffeeGrunt

Well, I often average around 20 Hits on a ten-man Squad. It kills a few per volley on Marines and the like, obviously Terminators aren't an ideal target, but will roll a 1 eventually if you're handy them 14-18 dice per volley. Best part is that it can Barrage snipe Special Weapons, which is a very potent ability.

The turret droops like that if you don't glue it in place, (which I tend to avoid so I can see how far things can tilt/turn.) It makes it look like a very sad Banewolf! :P

CoffeeGrunt

Here's some more Banewolf goodness. She's pretty much finished, just needs a few, final touches before the Purity Seal goes on. Tried some slightly different weathering techniques on it, seemed to come out quite well:

I also got given a shelf at the LGS to display them on, which is already getting a bit cosy with all these tank hulls! Here's a shot of the painted forces of the Regiment on display. I'm planning on repainting the yellow lights to be blue, btw, as it seems to fit the warm, orange colour scheme a bit better:

CoffeeGrunt

Further progress was made on another Russ - this one's a Demolisher - and eight more Guardsmen. The Guardsmen are finished, with a slightly lighter skin tone to provide some variety to my squads. The Demolisher is still waiting on more highlight, washing and weathering work, but is at least Tabletop Ready:

Was quite fun converting up the Demolisher from a second-hand model to seem like a slightly cobbled-together relic of the regiment. I'm going to try some pretty intense weathering on it, to make it look aged and well-worn.

The Guardsmen have a smattering of bits from the Command Squad and Heavy Weapons Teams sprues. Mixes them up quite nicely and gives them some needed variety on the table. Looking forward to getting a tonne more!

CoffeeGrunt

Been pretty busy these last couple of weeks. Here's the haul!

First up is a Valkyrie which ate up all of this month's budget for Toy Soldiers! This one will be fairly heavily weathered, and will transport the below squad for paradropping interventions on enemy armour. The Valk itself is tooled up for blasting hordes:

Made some Carapaace-armoured Veterans to ride in the Valkyrie. They've got 3 Meltas, Fire Warriors armour and the Demolitions doctrine for a tasty Meltabomb. Quite chuffed as this unit is fully WYSIWYG!

Converted and painted a new Company Commander, who's a bit more fighty with a Power Sword - possibly even the Sword of Conquest - and a Plasma Pistol. (Also glorious moustache:)

Finished the Demolisher mentioned earlier. Gunna get some weathering powder to try some more advanced techniques, as I'm borrowing a friend's Forge World Modelling Masterclass books to learn a few tips and tricks:

CoffeeGrunt

A bit more work done lately. Got a half-finished Ryza Vanquisher that needs a little weathering and lens work before I call her done. Did some Camo Netting work to make it stand out as a Commander's tank:

And a slightly out of date pic of the Valkyrie, (now finished!) Showing off some weathering work using the Weathering Powders I got from Forge World:

Chris

I really like the weathering... Its something I want to work on for my vehicles..
In a nutshell, how do you use them? is it just a case of painting them on over the paint?

There is something about the colours you use, when the cream and the orange meet, it just seems a little off to me... I mean, this is tiny tiny bit critique, and probably more to my personal preference.. Its hard to put a finger on what it is to be sure... its odd...

Great job! You've improved loads since the start of this blog!