News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Sky Striker Stormraven - Help constructing the unit.

Started by Chris, June 07, 2014, 11:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hey guys.
If you've been reading my Project log so far, you'll have heard mention on a 'Sky Striker Stormraven'. This unit type came about when I found a predator turret knocking around (have since found the acompanying predator now too) is found that the original turret for the Stormraven made the craft look too short.

The idea is simple. Replacing the top turret on the craft with a Predator turret (can be equipped with either the Twin Linked Las Cannon or Auto Cannon) Effectively giving it two twin linked las cannon shots on top of its TL Multi melta too. One of those LC's will have a 360 degree arc of fire (the turret can spin all the way around).

What would you guys recommend I do to balance this unit? I've thought of removing its transport capacity (to allow for more internal battery for the LC) but there will also need to be a price increase too, what do you reckon?

Narric

A TL Lascannon turret is part of the BA options list already. The only option you'd have to include is the Autocannon turret.

You can easily use the TLLC option without issue, though if you want to use the Autocannon, that would just be easier to have opponents consent.

No need to re-work the Stormraven ;)

Chris

It might be an option for the Blood Angels, but it's not for the normal Space Marines.
You can have one TLLC along with the Multi melta, but I'm going to add a second one. Plus it will have 360 degree radius...
That different to the BA one no?

Narric

Vanilla Marines got the Storm Raven in the latest Codex update along with the Storm Talon, and its exactly the same rules and options as the Blood Angels one.

So you're going/wanting to add a second turret to the Storm Raven? I'd assume to start off its would be 50pts more, and removing the option to carry Dreadnoughts would probably be te best way to bring it to more balance.

Chris

The basic SM SR comes with a TL Assault Cannon and  TL Heavy Bolter. I've then changed the TLHB for a TL Multi Melta, then change the AC for a TL LC, I then want to purchase an additional TL LC. This craft will have 3 TL weapons. The idea being that it was refitted to become a gunship with which to win air superiority.

This one would be equipped with 2 x TLLC 1x TL MM.

Does this make sense?

Narric

It does make sense, but why not take a Vendetta, or its statline, instead? :P

I'm still curious where the second TLLC is going to going. In my mind there is no advantage for a second turret. Replacing two of the Missiles could work, and keeps the LCs pointing forward.