?

Can't find what you're looking for?

This topic might exist in our archive - Try Here

Author Topic: Recent Downtime [July] [Updated]  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Sorck

• BBCode glows...
  • Administrator
  • Karma 18
  • Kernel Sorck
    • View Profile
Recent Downtime [July] [Updated]
« on: July 15, 2014, 09:30:22 AM »
Hi all,

2S has been down for a few days due to a problem with our ISP. This is being sorted as we speak and FT is looking at getting a new hosting provider.

In the mean time I have ssphere.sorck.net setup to maintain Second Sphere. It's was a day or two behind the live copy of 2S when it went offline because we'd been experiencing some issues for a number of days.

*This* site will be moved back to secondsphere.org when the main server is available once again so you can post here safe in the knowledge that your post content will not be lost. Avatars uploaded will also be transferred over and any previously lost avatars will return as well once we get back to the main server (FT has the avatar backups of these so will be getting them up later on).

Thank you for your time,
-Second Sphere Admin Team
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 01:54:02 PM by Sorck »

Offline InsaneTD

• Insanest of all
  • Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
  • Black Wolf
    • View Profile
    • I did a thing...
Re: Recent Downtime [July]
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 08:01:38 AM »
You lost more then a couple days. At least two of my story posts are missing and they were written about a week apart.

Offline Sorck

• BBCode glows...
  • Administrator
  • Karma 18
  • Kernel Sorck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 09:27:18 AM »
You lost more then a couple days. At least two of my story posts are missing and they were written about a week apart.
The database backup was taken on the 7th. Problems on 2S started on the 10th and we were completely down on the 12th.

So 3 days for the most part and a couple of days where most couldn't access the forum properly. (The forum was too slow in the last two days for me to even load the backup system).

Offline InsaneTD

• Insanest of all
  • Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
  • Black Wolf
    • View Profile
    • I did a thing...
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:51:43 AM »
I've double checked the dates of what I posted, I thought one of my stories was posted later then it actually was so I've only lost one. I'm posting to more then one place so it isn't gone, just not on here no more.

Offline Irisado

• Shas'Saal
  • Karma 3
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
    • View Profile
    • 40K Online
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 11:13:37 AM »
Thanks for the update Sorck.  Server trouble is a right pain, so I hope that you manage to get everything sorted out.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Sorck

• BBCode glows...
  • Administrator
  • Karma 18
  • Kernel Sorck
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Downtime [July] [Updated]
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 01:54:15 PM »
Update: We're back to a nice spacious server. Hopefully it will keep running for a number of years.

Offline Irisado

• Shas'Saal
  • Karma 3
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
    • View Profile
    • 40K Online
Re: Recent Downtime [July] [Updated]
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 03:25:54 PM »
That's great news.  Thanks for your continued efforts in keeping the forum running :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

anything