News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

500pt Eldar List.

Started by Stewie Griffin, June 07, 2012, 02:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewie Griffin

Hi all

Just a quick Eldar list I've thrown together as I fancy play-testing them at some point to see if I like them

HQ

Farseer - Doom - 80

Troops

5 Dire Avengers - 60

10 Guardians - Shuriken Cannon - 85

Falcon Grav Tank - Shuriken Cannon, Eldar Missile launcher - 145

Wave Serpent - Shuriken Cannon, Eldar Missile Launcher - 130

Total = 500

Thoughts?

My plan is to have the Farseer and the Avengers go in the Falcon Tank, whilst the Guardians go in the Wave Serpent, both units stop about 18' away from the enemy, disembark and shoot - the farseer dooms the most dangerous enemy unit which then gets everything in the army shot at it to weaken it, and once the enemy moves 6' forward, we repeat the process by moving everything in my army 6' back and shoot again - the vehicles will also be able to shoot all of their weapons at the unit too in this turn. If it gets to the point where I've been backed into one side of the table, then I let the enemy get as close as possible, and then get in the skimmers and fly over them and start the process again (although I think i might need to invest in star engines in order for that to work effectively...)

So yeah, thoughts? I try to always go for a balance in my army of anti-infantry, anti-tank, anti-horde and CC and obviously there's a gap in the CC department here , so I'd have to avoid it at all costs.

Saulus

I'll nitpick this a bit, as its a fine list as far as I can see.

The WS with the EML on top is a great config with the SC underslung. S4 weapons are defensive, Eldar vehicles are fast, so you can move 12 and still fire both when needed. Its for this reason I would sacrifice the SC on the Falcon so that it can run with the WS better. Maybe buy a set of stones for the Falcon instead?

I personally would play this list a tad different, staying as far away as possible while firing Falcon and WS weapons at the main problems and only swooping in Mont'Ka later in the game when they are very weak. Unless its a platoon of Guard with ACs everywhere.... then yea just go kill 'em.
No fear. No mercy. No matter what.