News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Disorganised Harlequin related thread for dumping of ideas and such.

Started by Wargamer, November 16, 2014, 01:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

I did consider why you hadn't made it an Invul. 3+ Is certainly more balanced. :)

Wargear in general shouldn't make you invincible. Something a number of Fandex & OC writers seem to forget :P

Charistoph

Quote from: Narric on November 23, 2014, 08:48:35 PM
I did consider why you hadn't made it an Invul. 3+ Is certainly more balanced. :)

Wargear in general shouldn't make you invincible. Something a number of Fandex & OC writers seem to forget :P

Yeah, that should only be really good skills, Psykic powers, or maybe a fancy shield...  Oh, wait.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Wargamer

SOLITAIRE

Solitaires are the most elusive, and most fearsome of all the Harlequins. Shunned even by their own kind, the Solitaires wander the universe alone, their motives and goals known only to themselves and only a fool would dare ask them, for it is said that any who hear a Solitaire speak are cursed to suffer an unspeakable end.

Within the Harlequin bands, the Solitaires have three roles to perform. During performances, they play the part of Slaneesh. They are the only ones who can; any other Harlequin who would dare try are driven irrevocably insane by the ordeal. Second, they alone decide who may become a Harlequin, for they have an innate gift to see who may survive the trials to become a Harlequin. Finally, the Solitaires act as guardians of the Black Library; the secret repository of Chaos lore, built by Cegorach himself.

What sets the Solitaire apart from his peers is the Ritual; a secret rite that is known only to them. Whereas other Harlequins have their souls freed by Cegorach and their souls are safe from Slaneesh, the Solitaire's soul has already been taken from his body, transforming him into an unnatural aberration that is both utterly immune to the influence of Chaos, and all mortal emotion. When they die, their souls are claimed by Slaneesh, save perhaps by miraculous intervention by Cegorach.

When a Solitaire takes to the field of battle, his fury is unmatched in all the universe. He attacks without fear, for he is already dead. Psykers and Daemons cower before him, for their power is nothing to him. Mortal soldiers wail in terror as he approaches, moving faster than the eye can follow and cutting down entire squads of men in mere seconds. When the battle is over, they depart as they came; silent, and without ceremony.

Cost
Ws
Bs
S
T
W
I
A
Ld
Sv
Solitaire
-
-/5++
SPECIAL RULES:
Independent Character, Furious Charge, Hit & Run.
Lone Performer: The Solitaire may never join a unit, nor be joined by any other character. He may never be the army Warlord.
Blitz Attack: The Solitaire receives +4 Attacks on the turn he charges.
Spiritless: The Solitaire has no Leadership value, and as such is assumed to automatically pass any and all leadership tests he is required to make, and weapons that require the target to have a Leadership value always fail to wound. In addition, the Solitaire cannot be targeted by Psychic Powers, directly or otherwise. Psychic attacks that deal damage apply as normal, providing they have an area of effect and are targeted toward a model other than the Solitaire. The Solitaire is immune to Instant Death caused by Force weapons.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

How is the solitaire affected by weapons that target a models Ld instead of Toughness? For example the 5th ed Dark Eldar had access to LD tageting flamer weapons. I'm assuming the Solitaire is untargetable by them, but in a way that does make him a little bit over the top. Maybe state for weapons like that, that he is treated as Ld10, and successful wounds must be re-rolled?

Wargamer

Quote from: Narric on November 27, 2014, 05:58:28 PM
How is the solitaire affected by weapons that target a models Ld instead of Toughness? For example the 5th ed Dark Eldar had access to LD tageting flamer weapons. I'm assuming the Solitaire is untargetable by them, but in a way that does make him a little bit over the top. Maybe state for weapons like that, that he is treated as Ld10, and successful wounds must be re-rolled?
They fail to wound. This will be clarified.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

So to an extant the Solitaire can only be wounded by physical weaponry. Would be interesting to see it used on the battlefield, if only to see how that can affect a model :)