News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Kill! Maim! Burn! - World Eater's Project Log

Started by The Strange Child, January 14, 2015, 06:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Strange Child

Back in to the hobby after 4 years and I managed to pick up some Chaos stuff cheap on ebay, painted a Maulerfiend and a Forgefiend and thought I would share them.

Still got a Helbrute, Heldrake and Chaos Lord to paint after they arrive, and I plan to convert a Brass Scorpion from Defilers and a Blood Slaughterer from a Maulerfiend and a Triarch Stalker. Once all the parts have arrived I will post pictures as the project progresses. After that, some troops - Berserkers, Cultists, Bloodletters. Maybe a few Bloodcrushers, we'll see how long I can be motivated for!

World Eater's Maulerfiend that I will keep for my force. Stupidly it was the first one I painted so it's less practised than the other.

More of a Nightlords scheme going on, this Forgefiend I'm going to sell as it doesn't fit my theme.

Hopefully my second Defiler kit will arrive soon and I can start work on my Brass Scorpion.

Narric

Some excellent paintwork there :D Great to see you back, and I look forward to your upcoming project ;)

I'd suggest going over the Maulerfiends muscle, as some sections don't seem to be as defined as others, and the forward claws could do with a little more depth as well amongst all that blood.

The Strange Child

Thank you for the CC! Highlighted and re-did the Maulerfiend.

Second defiler kit came so I've started my Brass Scorpion. Here's everything ready to go. (Yes, those are bandsaw marks :P)

Used both front claws to articulate the tail.

Here's everything put together - nothing's glued yet and I still have a long way to go, but it's a start.

Narric

Whats your plan for the "Face" of the scorpion?

I've done my share of hacking models apart with saws :P I will say that it looks like you may have cut away a bit too much of the pieces. I've admittedly never built a Defiler, but it looks like a lot has be cut away.

The Strange Child

Quote from: Narric on January 18, 2015, 05:56:29 PM
Whats your plan for the "Face" of the scorpion?
The battlecannon/chest face from the Defiler, might use some blades or Necron pincers to form mandibles.

Quote from: Narric on January 18, 2015, 05:56:29 PM
I've done my share of hacking models apart with saws :P I will say that it looks like you may have cut away a bit too much of the pieces. I've admittedly never built a Defiler, but it looks like a lot has be cut away.
I cut it so that the distance between the leg sockets of the joined halves is the same as the distance between the leg sockets of the torsos. I wasn't sure about cutting off so much and filling the gap, but I'm going to use plasticard to make a carapace anyway so none of that will be visible!
My concern is the base of the tail because it looks so flimsy at the socket, not sure what I'm going to do for that yet.

Narric

Quote from: The Strange Child on January 18, 2015, 06:38:42 PM
My concern is the base of the tail because it looks so flimsy at the socket, not sure what I'm going to do for that yet.
If you're going to do a carapace with plasticard, you could cover that area as well. Adding a fee struts of plactic sprue might also help.

The same could be done for the front pinchers shoulders.

The Strange Child

Quote from: Narric on January 18, 2015, 07:19:04 PM
Quote from: The Strange Child on January 18, 2015, 06:38:42 PM
If you're going to do a carapace with plasticard, you could cover that area as well. Adding a fee struts of plactic sprue might also help.

The same could be done for the front pinchers shoulders.
Didn't even consider the front claws but now you've said that I can't stop noticing how thin they look :P Hopefully I'll get started on the carapace tomorrow!

So between assessments and infected wisdom teeth I've done less than I'd like but it's still progress. Bloodletters came and I got them painted up. Still need to do a couple of touch ups and also base them.

Started work on the Brass Scorpions carapace.

Assembled a Heldrake

Had an idea for arming a squad of Chosen with the double handed chainsaws from Ork Nobs but I seriously underestimated how massive the Nobs arms are. Got a squad of terminators on the way so I'll see how they look with terminator armour. I've also got 2 rhinos and 30 berserkers on the way as well as a helbrute and and a soul grinder waiting construction.