News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Zen's Hobby Stuff: Zen's Foray into Flames of War [17/10/2015]

Started by Zen, May 25, 2012, 12:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

Knights! The bread and butter of the French military back during the middle ages.

Blades and Spears! Halberdiers with Spearmen flanking on both sides.

Bows! Peasant Crossbowmen, Mercenary Crossbowmen and Scot Guards.

kingofmonkeys

really nice stuff as usual zen. Are you gonna keep the blue lances or is that just step one?

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Zen

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on May 26, 2012, 08:38:39 AM
really nice stuff as usual zen. Are you gonna keep the blue lances or is that just step one?
Keep it blue; I don't exactly have a steady hand to put patterns on it :S Anyway...

Marsh Terrain! I finally finished that terrain that I wanted to build. It's pretty much a generic marsh terrain but you can use it as other kind of water features e.g. pond. Not too shabby for my first time :D That took me what? 3 months of experimenting and a week of actually finishing it?

Zen

F86 Sabres! Eh, should have used a lighter tone but I think they came out okay.

Will's on Fire

Solid painting Zenai, looks like a fine tabletop army you have there! :D

What game system or the F86 sabres for?

- Will

kingofmonkeys

wow really like those sabres Zen  ;D can't wait to see more of your planes!

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Zen

Thanks, guys :D I'm using the Wings at War rule set, specifically the Mig Alley scenario book. I'll be doing my 2 B29 Super-Fortresses next.

Alpha_Wolf

don't know anything about the game, but is a B29 really necessary? I mean they're generally considered overkill, unless it's WWII and you wanna kill everything below sight.
Quote from:  H.P. LovecraftThat is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange strange aeons even death may die.
Keep this in mind, mortal fools, the Hive Mind can wait forever.

Zen

Quote from: Alpha_Wolf on June 07, 2012, 02:37:55 AM
don't know anything about the game, but is a B29 really necessary? I mean they're generally considered overkill, unless it's WWII and you wanna kill everything below sight.
There is no such thing as overkill! Also, it's just a way to try to include every aircraft that was used during the Korean War. This is mostly an air combat game where ground elements are not really represented.

Anyway...

Ruin Terrain! Just got this done; at first, I wanted to do some grey cement ruins kind of terrain but I feel it's kinda boring and went with ruins in the countryside overgrown with vegetation. I made this keeping in mind that it's for a WWII 28mm squad-level skirmish game that I'm playing.

Zen

Medieval French! Just finished my Medieval French army for De Bellis Antiquitatis (DBA). 7 Mounted Knights (6 of the heavier variety and 1 of the lighter variety), 6 Dismounted Knights, 1 Halberdiers, 2 Voulgiers, 4 Crossbowmen (2 Mercenaries and 2 Local Levies), 2 Longbowmen (Scottish Mercenaries/Allies).

Zen

Egyptian Spearmen of the Saite Period! I am painting up an army of Saitic Egyptian for an upcoming Persian Campaign in my LGS.

Zen

I had these guys for quite awhile actually but only got around to painting them when my LGS decided to push Flames of War. I dusted them off and got these painted within a week. Anyway, US Parachute Rifle 1st Platoon!