News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Help me be not bad!

Started by AphoticBass, November 10, 2015, 07:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AphoticBass

So I played my first killteam game(s) yesterday and the static gunline of firewarriors with the DS8 tactical turret is AWESOME! Especially with the smart missile system on it, you don't even need line of sight to hit your enemy.

The first game was against some dudes on bikes (space marines) and the only saving grace there was that he ended up blowing up 2 of his 5 bikers because of the Gets too hot rule. The stealth suits were able to infiltrate and pick of his leader from the back, while due to his scout move he was able to kill off most of the firewarrior carbine team but the rifle team was able to support them and inflict casualties. Ended up winning by killing off the entire team in turn 4.

Second match was tau v tau in zone mortalis. It was an objective and the opponent fielded 6 stealth suits and a team of pathfinders, while I still went with the same 3 stealth suits and 10 firewarriors with ds8 tactical turret. We traded blows, and he ended up winning after turn 5 with 5 victory points vs. my 4 with both of our leaders surviving and being inside the objective. Tau are hard to kill...

Mabbz

Congrats on your first win! I've gotta say I'm a little surprised you did so well against the Bikes, since they can be a pain in my experience (but then I play Imperial Guard, so maybe the S3 flashlights have something to do with that...). Any conclusions on where you're gonna go from here?

AphoticBass

My local GW is starting an Escalation tournament in the new year when we start off at 500 points and continue going up. I'm Hoping to be able to put together the optimised stealth cadre for the beginning of that supported by captain shadowsun  and a team of pathfinders. My friend is also beginning to assemble his orc army so we will have small Killteam games fairly frequently. I'm also starting painting all of my miniatures so I will post progress shots and fill you all in :D

The Man They Call Jayne

Assuming the rules for stealth and shrouded are the same, you might be better off dropping the Pathies and taking some Marker Drone with the XV25s. More survivable with the 4+ save and the bonuses to cover thanks to being joined to the stealth suits.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4